Oldskool62

Nissan Bluebird

Hiya All,

Now that the Bluebird as almost done (promise Oldskool, this weekend for sure)

Here are some of the other models waiting to be cleaned up, most are already there as they are much simpler models than the Nissan BB.

CdxPIt.jpg

CdxihX.jpg

More still lurking on the hard drive

Cheers

NimROD

• Like 2

They look awesome, is that a Jag XJS on the back row?

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...B)

Hi All,

I know it's been a while, but it's getting harder to find time, too many projects.

Unfortunately, I find it hard to say no when I get requests LOL.

@Kevan - Yep sure is Mate

@Manuel Sanchez - They will all be freely available when made printable.

May I ask, for all the members interested in these cars, put forward a list of which car should be next and so on.

I'll try and get one done a week, should be doable as most are just external bodies. 

One list though.

@Oldschool62 - It's finally printed! I tried to get as much detail on the body as possible, printed not to bad.

After 42 hours this is the result with no cleanup, yet.

It was an ambitious print, 0.4mm shell thickness - 3 shells, 0.6mm Z height, , 100% infill, 0.25mm Horizontal expansion. 15% support

5HgouI.jpg

5HgCyN.jpg

5HgBvp.jpg

Cheers

Vlad

• Like 6

By golly, Vlad.... you have done well with that.... you must be happy?

frats,

Rosco

• Like 1

Hi All,

Been busy again, but a little free time coming up.

@oldschool - sorry for the slow ship from Vlad, but it will be going out tomorrow in the mail.

L hope your still excited ;)

@knoath - Not sure in resin mate, happy to share the file if you want a print it.

It may be a little too thin though.

@rosco01 - Thank mate, but remember I only worked on the wings, fenders and spoilers, the rest was already there.

BTW, it has the same, or ver close wheel base to the ninco sierra.

Also happy to share the file but it is thin @ 0.4mm wall thickness, as I adjusted the Horizontal fill to 0.25mm in cura

Please send any requests to

Vlad@cadstruk.com

Cheers

NimROD

Ps the Alfa is next

• Like 1

Thanks Vlad,

I guess practice will reveal if the wall thickness is sufficiently resilient to withstand the riggors of slot car racing... 

Keen to hear of you resultant findings... 

frats,

Rosco

Hey All,

@Oldskool62- Honestly, it was mailed out on Friday. Thank you for being so patient.

Can't wait to see pics of this build.

@rosco01 - There are a number of ways to make the body stronger. A couple I've used are impregnating the body with superglue.

Body is much stronger but now more rigid, not as flexible.  A layer of PVA white glue to the interior of the body, more strength and a little more flexibility then the superglue

Cheers

Vlad

@NimROD444Thanks so much. This car is pretty special to me as it was a giant killer on the track. Being an all things V8 person and watching George Fury and this weapon was a pretty amazing time.

Now the hunt for decals.

Thanks Vlad,

in r/c helicopters, we use a mix of cyano and baking soda to make certain parts rigid... the combination works very well in slot car applications as well.

The procedure doesn't differentiate between which goes on first (chicken and egg syndrome), my personal preference is to coat the area with cyano then sprinkle baking soda over it... it can be sanded down once set.

To stiffen up known areas in slot cars - e.g. bracing up the rear of the motor pod laterally to prevent twist across the axle - a bent piece of piano wire can be shaped for and interference fit between the pod side walls... once in position, the cyano/bs "cement" can be applied - it will hold the wire in place nicely.

Yet to be proven how the mix copes with axle bush oil yet.. but so far, so good....

frats,

Rosco

• Like 1

I'd like to send a big thank you to @NimROD444. A bit late in posting something but I have been busy with "non slot car" things and it's better late than never.

The print of the Bluebird has a lot of detail I lik, little things like the internal rear view mirror and the dash top. Very light body that I will either put a PCR Sierra, Shapeways or a Slot.it chassis  under it. Like all my cars (except about 5) the car won't be a shelf queen.

Once I get the Bartlett car and Dicky's XD finished this will be pushed up the production line (Ihave about 30 plus bodies waiting to be built) as this car is one I have wanted for a long time. Now to track down the George Fury livery.

I'd like to send a big thank you to @NimROD444. A bit late in posting something but I have been busy with "non slot car" things and it's better late than never.

The print of the Bluebird has a lot of detail I like, little things ie the internal rear view mirror and the dash top. Very light body that I will either put a PCR Sierra, Shapeways or a Slot.it HRS chassis  under it. Like all my cars (except about 5) the car won't be a shelf queen.

Once I get the Bartlett car and Dicky's XD finished this will be pushed up the production line (Ihave about 30 plus bodies waiting to be built) as this car is one I have wanted for a long time. Now to track down the George Fury livery.

Edited by Oldskool62
  • Like 1

Gday Nimrod,

Ben watching the progress with you  Blue Bird.

Nice work.

Any chance to order one please.

regards,

Paul 

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough