Andyjk's Track Build Ver. 2

Andyjk

Hey guys, been a few years since I've been on here

I started a hoisted track with scenery in about 2015 and life got in the way, moved houses etc etc...anyway the track was taken down and dissasmbled.  Here's a link to the old build for those interested:

Fast forward to 2021, have a new garage, which means a new track. My gear had been sitting in boxes in the roof for years and its time to put it to use.

I'm doing a considerably smaller track, only 6ft by 4ft. I couldn't find a great deal of examples of such a small track so though I better document it. Anyway, here it is so far. It's nice and light and I can lift and manoeuvre it on my own. Aim is to keep it as light as possible so I probably won't go with much scenery. It will end up being hoisted to the ceiling. Once I figure out hot to insert a damn image, I'll do it hahah 

• Like 1

Awesome thanks mate. 

Anyway, it's a simple pine frame with 4mm marine ply and thin galvanised channel bracing on the back. I would like to add some scenery, but it would most like be painted surfaces and track banners on the frame. There won't be any frocks this time!

Screenshot-20210107-123415-Video-Player.

Edited by Andyjk
mistake

I cleaned up my track as best I could but couldn't bring it back to anything that resembled a new track (wasn't surprised) so decided to give the copper tape a go. Works really well and has made a big difference 

20210110-173413.jpg

Also picked up these 5 cars second hand fairly cheap that need a little TLC, but are otherwise fine!

20210110-173555.jpg

Edited by Andyjk
Fault