Shaynus

Scalextric XY, XW chassis wanted

I guess it could be used under a "crashed" car in a track side diorama scene - put stub axles at the back to give a broken rear axle look...

Bill Brown's momentus roll over from the top of the mountain... everyone held their breath... 

That car was repaired and raced again... not sure if Bill ever did though..... 

You'll find the pix in "Old Motor Racing Photographs"... will attach the link when I have time.... 

frats,

Rosco

• Like 1

I use PostImage, OS-62..... bit of a pain not being able to post direct into our forum, but it doesn't take a lot to upload to PostImage - then copy the provided link and simply paste into your thread..... let me know if I can help.

Link to PostImage..... it's free, and seems to work pretty well for me - only downside with being free - pix have to be uploaded separately... just a bit of an inconvenience.

https://postimages.org/

But, compared to my previous host - where I did a huge amount of work on many other forums..... and then they all disappeared because they wanted money.... grrrrr

So far so good with PI..... 

frats,

Rosco

Edited by rosco01
  • Like 1

Oldskool62,

You're right on the money in thinking about using an HRS2 chassis for your HQ Monaro build.

I have several HRS and HRS2 chassis and find their versatility so helpful.

My latest conversion was to use an HRS2 sidewinder under a Revell Lola T70 body.

Den

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, big den said:

Oldskool62,

You're right on the money in thinking about using an HRS2 chassis for your HQ Monaro build.

I have several HRS and HRS2 chassis and find their versatility so helpful.

My latest conversion was to use an HRS2 sidewinder under a Revell Lola T70 body.

Den

@big denI will one day learn how to make chassis but until then the off the shelf package works.

I am going to do an early made/release pair of Dick Johnsons 17 & 18 Sierra's and use modified PCR chassis from late release Sierras. I will make sure that I modify the chassis to accommodate the body so if one day I want to put it them back to stock I can.  

Bastardising old survivors in anything is something I try and avoid.

Edited by Oldskool62