Caddo

Slot It N22 tyres

Hi all,

We race 1/32 non mag on smooth timber with rubber tyres.

Has anyone found an equivalent to Slot It N22 tyres?

Rgds

Caddo

Ultra grip - and even Supergrip which come as standard on NSR cars and are shore 22, have very good grip, but require more care when truing.

A closer match would be Sideways Hi-Grip.

The medium is supposedly the equivalent at 22 shore, but I don’t get as much grip. 
The “soft” at 18 shore is pretty close to N22 for truing and on track.

HG1S is the size of 1171N22

HG1SW the size of 1172N22

But having just set up 2 cars on N22, I don’t think anything else combines the grip and the ease of truing. It is a bit of a beggar that they won’t be made anymore.

Hopefully Armchair have stocked up with plenty to last a while.

Hi Caddo. Had not heard about N22 supply but locals seem to have had problems with recent batches. They true up as normal but are well past their best after a couple of meetings. My experience is just the opposite and have run them for years.

Re replacement the late John or FPR Adelaide used what he described as a BRM N22 equivalent.  They trued up OK but he said they needed to be run for about 300 laps. Have tried some but not sure about comparison.

As NZSlots has said NSR Ultra and Supergrips are really excellent especially on their Classic cars.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks guys

We have also had issues with recent batches of N22's, delaminating and splitting after very little use. 

Cheers

Sideways HiGrip tyres now also unavailable according to Armchair website, maybe they were made by Slot It 

Hi Caddo.

My N22's are probably from earlier batches but other locals have had problems with both degrading, bad wear and splitting. I only race once a fortnight; although I now have my own track, but I have had a great life time out of N22's. Generally I would count this time in years. Probably helped by our smooth tracks.

If N22's are no longer going to be available then are they going to supply a better brew. We will have to wait and see.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)