Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy - top 5 cars

Here's a post proxy review of the top 5 cars starting with equal 4th place, Brumos.

The other 4th placed car - Dave P.

A well deserved 3rd place goes to Aloha.

Despite me bribing the drivers (see Round 12 video of the race with my car and 32coupe's) this car still managed to beat me for total wins in the Proxy. 32coupe managed 6 wins to my 5 and finished the Proxy in 2nd place.

And on to the winning car.

What can I say, it's mine, it's quick and surprised me with it's dominant performance throughout the proxy with a 3rd place being it's worst result over 12 rounds.

As you can see, 5 cars and 5 ways to make them fast. Don't ask me for the secret to building a winning proxy car because if I knew I'd build all my cars like this.

Let me know if anyone wants more info.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer
  • Like 1

May the downforce be with you.

Good reviews. Obviously I wasn't in your proxy but have been keeping an eye on it. With your last top off review of your own car you didn't include the separate weights over the front and rear axles. Would be interested to know what they are thanks.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

More info as requested.

I re-weighed the cars because some of the original weights didn't make sense.

Name Mfg (Body / Chassis) Body weight (grams) Model Motor Align Tires Weight Weight rear Weight front % front / rear
Sports Racer Scalextric / Scaleauto 19.6 Calibra Slot.it orange endbell IL Yellowdogs 87.3 52.6 34.7 39/61
32coupe SCX / Scaleauto 26.8 Mercedes CLK Slot.it orange endbell SW Yellowdogs 96.0 68.2 27.8 29/71
Aloha Fly / National Racer 24.5 BMW M3 Slot.it black endbell SW Yellowdogs 89.8 54.4 35.4 39/61
Dave P SCX / Scaleauto 29.8 Audi A4 Scaleauto 18k boxer IL Yellowdogs 107.8 69.8 38.0 35/65
Brumos RSR NSR 12.8 Renault Clio shark 21.5 SW NSR 65.6 42.9 22.7 34/66

Interesting to note that 32coupe's rear end weighs more than Brumos's entire car.

Edited by Sports Racer
  • Like 1

Thanks for that, very interesting. The way I drive I don't like much over 50gm at the back axle myself. Must have some weird driving technique.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Thanks for those interesting videos Sports Racer/Paul. See only one rubber tired car made it to top 5. Those Yellow Dogs certainly did a good job.

Now that I have my own track must try my Supercheap Holden again.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

2 hours ago, Wobble said:

Thanks for that, very interesting. The way I drive I don't like much over 50gm at the back axle myself. Must have some weird driving technique.

No strange driving technique, it's just super fast to drive no matter who drove it. 

My car handled marginally better but 32coupe's car was more powerful out of corners despite both cars having orange endbell Slot.it motors. He said he went through all his cars looking for the best 23k motor and borrowed it for his proxy car.

4 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

No strange driving technique, it's just super fast to drive no matter who drove it. 

My car handled marginally better but 32coupe's car was more powerful out of corners despite both cars having orange endbell Slot.it motors. He said he went through all his cars looking for the best 23k motor and borrowed it for his proxy car.

Sorry, crossed wires there. I was referring to me having a weird driving technique.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

No magnet, it’s 3 stacked tungsten weights totaling 4.5 grams.  There will be more next season 

Edited by Brumos RSR

where do you buy your yellow dog tyres? i have been running MJK and it does not provide the traction i see on your cars, so, time to try something different

Edited by curef99