Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy - car returns

Paul,

Get well soon and no rush in getting my p.o.s. back to me, we are not doing any racing anyway.

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Paul,

Got my car back today. Hoping you are doing better.

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Hi Paul

Hope your recovery is going well,& the bride didn't catch you chasing the nurses around the ward:D.

My car & the Captains  arrived  home safely,my tyres were stuffed & explains the poor performance in the last 2 rounds where it dropped 5 laps in each round from the earlier rounds on  repeat tracks

Maybe might considder running less rounds or less laps next year to allow cars to be competitive the whole series without repairs mid proxy,how did every one elses tyres last:wub:  

Cheers Jimmy

PS Got hold of your latest x-ray.

cid-486-C18-CCC0-DD4669-BA6-C6-CC877-CE2

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Hi Paul car arrived back looking great suprised after the hammering they must have taken, couple of comments can see a lot of tyre wear , and the amount of crud in the back shows i might have used the wrong grade tyres as the contrate was nearly on the deck, used PG's XPG's obviously to soft so will change the shore , never stop learning do we.

Hope your getting on ok and looking forward to some more great proxy racing run by your good self, regards mate.

My car arrived safe and sound on Friday, thanks much.

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Good to hear the cars are getting back to everyone. There's still a couple I need to post that I didn't have addresses for, but now that I'm back at work I can access my spreadsheet and get the cars into the post this week.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Back to work? That sounds like good news (health wise) but bad news (life style wise) too!

Hope it is all going well for you Paul and you are firing on all cylinders

Hi Paul,

Hope you're doing ok... Can you please advise if my Peugeot has been put in the mail yet?

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

i was not thinking about it for a long time but looking at my shelves i noticed that my megane is not back... hopefully you have used the current registration address and not the old 4y old one. any chance you can check?

Aussie cars were the first ones I sent back. I made sure to use the same box the car was sent in and checked that the boxes were posted last year.

Sounds like Aussie Post has a massive delay.

Sorry Shaynus but no car is that slow. You will live in 'Wait awhile WA" however. Mind you postage from God's Own is almost as slow. My car took a full 6 weeks but Mr. Virus has a part in it. Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hmmm - it does seem Aust Post is having 'issues'... Today I received another returning Proxy Car that was posted from Eastern half of the USA 14 days ago ( about half way around the world ) - but a parcel being delivered within it's own State, at a similar time......

Oh well - patience is one of the virtues of Proxy Racing...

Cheers,

Tony.

Sorry guys. I just did a tidy up and found 4 Aussie cars that weren’t posted and Brumos’s Clio. I’d blame Alzheimer’s but that’s taking the easy way out. 

My fault and I’ll get the cars in the post this week.

Cheers

Paul

On 4/13/2021 at 8:38 AM, Sports Racer said:

Sorry guys. I just did a tidy up and found 4 Aussie cars that weren’t posted and Brumos’s Clio. I’d blame Alzheimer’s but that’s taking the easy way out. 

My fault and I’ll get the cars in the post this week.

Cheers

Paul

Ignore my PM, I just saw this......I have early stage Sumteimerz.   Sometimes I remember sometimes I don’t. 

thinking the MG might have been one of those left behind.......just like it ran in the series, it will get a total revamp if I decide to enter it again

Hi Paul - my #17 Peugeot arrived back home today ! Lots of tire marbles in the back of the body - those must be pretty abrasive tracks....

Which I guess means pretty high grip - something to ponder on if we're using the same set of tracks next time...

Thanks! 

Cheers,

Tony.

Same tracks and same drivers but my car this year is already 10% faster than last year's car.

See the new topic - Touring Car Proxy - builds.

I really pity you poor mortals. :D

Edited by Sports Racer

Oh, I see how it is, busy late at night in your skunk works building a beast while you "conveniently forget" to post off the cars from your most feared rivals, eh? Hmmm!

:P

Meanwhile back in the real world...;)

(Too early to start with the trash talk?? I may be able to talk the talk, it's the walk bit I have trouble with! :D)

I keep telling people to convert their fastest car to a Touring car but will they listen............

That sounds fine Sports Racer but it still needs to fit in my Aussie V8 body. Tyre wear is still my major concern. Yours look very scuffed up. Regards Chas Le Breton

Sorry Sports Racer, you'll have to speak up - there are many voices in my head you need to compete with! :P

Hopefully my car is 10% closer to me by now, but with Australia Post, who knows??

mine arrived yesterday, thanks Paul, rear tires are quite worn. Working on the 2021 edition which probably needs to be 100% better than 2020 version