Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy Round 12 - Steve's track

Well it's here, the last round of the 2020 Touring Car Proxy, to be held on Steve's track.

fetch?id=1665133&d=1598490401

For those of you with long memories we ran on this track for Round 2 where my car came first and Andrews was 4th. I’ll be really surprised if I can beat my brother this time for 1st place but if I do I get the bragging rights for winning the most number of Rounds this year.  Currently we’re tied on 5 Rounds each.

No matter what happens my car has won the proxy with Andrew in 2nd place and Aloha in 3rd. 4th spot is still close with Jimmy, Peter Gunn, Dave P, Brumos and ArroldN in contention. Lance will probably get 9th spot with Alvaro & Supercharged fighting for the final spot in the top 10.

Some of the cars are showing a little worst for wear with rear wings being the main victim and braid wear not looking good on a few cars. Good thing this is the last round.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Thanks for a great proxy. I am anxious to see how the field finishes. There is no doubt 1st and 2nd were in a class by themselves.  Aloha Dale

And a footnote, this could be the last time any of us get to race on this track, it is currently up for sale.

And Steve is not looking to replace the track, but let's see what we can do with a bit of peer pressure.

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

I came in 2nd in round 2. 1 lap down to Paul. Hopefully I will do as well or better this time. Average finish the last 3 races is 8th. That's not going to cut it.

Edited by ArroldN

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Come on Paul, where are the results?

We all want to know who made it to the top 5, lots of very close racing in the mid pack.

And the much awaited end of proxy opinions of the cars.

And wait until you see the video of my cars first heat, a very funny moment.

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

In a tight, tension packed round Andrew managed to beat me and take the honours for the most number of wins in the 2020 proxy - 5 vs 6. This is despite (and at considerable cost/bribe) one of the racers stopped racing Andrew's car in the first heat and walked off. Video is here. 

Pepsi, Curef, Shaynus

Alvaro, Bov, Reek

Lance, Sticks, Brumos

Dave P, Peter Gunn, Aloha

Arrold, Jimmy, ALS

And the winners are.........

fetch?id=1669973&d=1607651158

Name Round 12 laps Round 12 best lap time Round 12 Points
32coupe 82.87 6.134 20
Sports Racer 81.52 6.253 19
Brumos RSR 79.18 6.407 18
Dave P 78.39 6.413 17
sticks 76.84 6.552 16
Supercharged 76.75 6.709 15
Lancealot 76.62 6.55 14
Peter Gunn 76.45 6.677 13
Aloha 76.11 6.453 12
ArroldN 75.73 6.725 11
ALS 75.37 6.398 10
jimmyslots 1950 74.82 6.717 9
Alvaro 73.65 6.883 8
Shaynus 73.05 6.758 0
reek455 72.54 6.909 7
bov 71.22 6.964 6
curef99 71.13 6.972 5
Pepsi62 70.99 7.107 4

I should have penalised Arrold for replacing the braid but taking 5 points off makes no difference to the final results. Mate, your braid was so bad it fell apart in the first heat and the car refused to go. I replaced it and we re-ran the heat.

Well, this brings us to the end of the proxy. Thank you all for entering and letting us race your cars. We had a lot of fun and I hope my coverage gave you some enjoyment.

I'll start another topic soon with videos of the top 5 cars and what makes them tick. Andrew showed me the inside of his and he's got lead in some strange places.

Stay tuned.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Nice heat run but obviously it wasn't good enough. From 2nd place in round 2 to a 10th place. Man what a change. I see 32 Coupe took the win. Congratulations to all the podium finishers. See the USA gang out did me in this round. Way to bring it home for the team. Now to find the final results page if it is posted.

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Thanks to Paul and crew (mates) for hosting and running this proxy. I was hoping my car would get better as the proxy continued, but it didnt. 

This groups builders are different from last year, I think quicker cars and better handling. I enjoy the after videos. We will be watching for the video.

Hi Sports Racer and all. Must say I have enjoyed watching this proxy immensely even though I did not enter in the end. Perhaps the Holden will appear again next year.

Very interested in a summary of the tyre situation though as there appeared to be some problems particularly with rubber tyres.

Well done to all concerned. Was great to see the videos of some of the races. Great variety of tracks also.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Thank you to everyone involved in running this proxy, especially Paul who went above and beyond to keep my car on track when it was imploding! I will hopefully be back next year, where I can't do any worse! Despite (or perhaps a bit because of) my car's poor result I do intend to be back next year - at least I won't be able to do any worse! :P

Well done to all the competitors, there are a lot of fast cars in the field!