1/32 Model car Nationals

Trowta

Welcome.

Have you searched the forum for any info?

You might have found this page; "Australian Scale Model Nationals"

You might get some info from previous events, and the organisers.

Seeing that you have made only one post on this Forum, how about telling us a bit about yourself, and where are you located?

Steve K.

Hi Steve , 

I have had a look around and saw the model car nationals post and it seemed like the was a few issues with some Gold Coast racers... anyway enough of that. I live in Perth WA and have been involved in RC model car racing for over 30 years. At the end of 2019 I decided I want some new and started racing slots at the beginning of the year. I have assisted in running world title events and countless national titles and am interested to see if there is any interest in starting up a national series or championship race. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Trowta,

The guy who mainly drove the Scalenationals in the most recent years has left the hobby I believe and no longer has any connection with it. The Scalenats organisation was taken over by people who were only interested in promoting the 1/24 scale side of the hobby. Nobody has taken up the reins of a 1/32 scale event. Most 1/32 scale guys seem content to race in their small private groups and clubs.

As to a controlling body, you can't get individual local groups to agree on a uniform set of rules let alone forming a national body. It has been tried before and not been very succesful. Some of the groups I race with have common rules for some classes but it's not common.

Lenny

it is a good idea ....but . i think that to have nationals ,first you need to have state associations with state titles first

when that happens you then get a national association going

then each state would rotate the nationals

i,ve been involved in state and national title events from within a well organized association

and it only works if you have LOTS  of dedicated people willing to give up their time for the sport involved

those people who stick to their little world of local club racing and never venture out into the big world

don,t know what they are missing

to participate in a state title and then go interstate for a national championship is something

to cherish for ever

but it will never happen in slots until each state starts up it,s own association first

well I think there is lots to start with it was done before. but it is whether people want to do it.. I also have been involved in a hobby very similar to what crusty pop has mentioned. in fact I probably know him if it is RC cars he is referring too. It just seems like we should start somewhere and a local club affiliation is a good place to start. however we need support