Sign in to follow this  
Alexis68

Vale Murray Scott

Sadly my father Murray Scott passed away peacefully Monday morning on his 80th birthday at Lourdes valley in care, I know there are members here who knew him and I'm now trying to compile a list of significant results from his time racing, so far we have the Duncan 200 in 65, Third in the 68 Brabham and I see he won the Lincoln park f1 race in 67, if anyone is able to fill in more details we his family would be very appreciative, 

Kind regards 

Alexis Scott 

Hi Alexis,

Sorry to here this news.

I knew your Dad more through his motorsport photography than slot car racing though i was aware of his involvement in the early days.

I was a young marshal at AIR in those days and often saw your Dad walking around the circuit with his camera(s). He would often stop at the flag points and have a quick chat with us.

I also remember him flying an RC helicopter in a lunchtime display  at a Rallycross meeting at the old Tailem Bend Racecourse back in the early 80's.

Please accept my condolences to you and your family

Alan O'Dea

I first met Murray Scott through the Road Runners Slot  Club on Port Road. He was also working at Myer and was the hobby dept. manager. Bought my 1/24 Cox BRM there and a 1/32 Monogram Ferrari. I raced big cars at AIR and Mallala and met Murray again, and brother Peter who also raced. We had a re-union a few years ago .........I took along several cars raced at the RoadRunners track by Dave Trengove. I was 12 in the Road Runner days...........am 69 now.  I am building a large 4 lane track in my garage for my x5 grandsons aged 6 to 13........still love my slot cars and models. I have lots of great memories of my association with Murray and Bev his wife who worked at the Jam Factory. RIP to a good man. Pete S.

Edited by smeetsie

Smeetsie