Sign in to follow this  
Vinno

New Scalextric Cars

A couple of new Scalextric Cars have landed and one in particular is going to make some Aussies happy. The Brock Richards Bathurst winning A9X Torana looks fantastic although missing some sponsorship decals. Some differences to the 4 door Torana Scalextric have been punching out over previous years and all for the positive.

The other car of interest to me is the GT4 Mustang. This is also well done and looks like a winner. I will add some detail later in the week on both cars.

Scalextric New Releases1.jpg

Scalextric New Releases2.jpg

• Like 1

My Torana arrived yesterday. Only issue is the angle of the front bumper, which looks to be a production issue as all of them seem to have it. Other than that Scalextric have done a great job, even down to the bridgestone labelling on the tyres.

14 hours ago, mus-28 said:

My Torana arrived yesterday. Only issue is the angle of the front bumper, which looks to be a production issue as all of them seem to have it. Other than that Scalextric have done a great job, even down to the bridgestone labelling on the tyres.

Yep I have two and they have the same issue. Working on a review to post as well. A little wider than the 4 door and it helps. 

9 hours ago, Vinno said:

A little wider than the 4 door and it helps. 

I like what I'm reading. Would really like to build one of these for our Oz Touring Car class, but at the moment the Falcoooooon XB and XC are untouchable. The 4 Door I built a few years ago would fall over on it's side at first sight of an approaching corner ;)