2020 Touring Car Proxy Round 8 - Peter's track

Sports Racer

Slight change of plan as some muppet forgot to bring most of the cars to Peters on Saturday. In my defence The muppet has rescheduled to next Saturday - 31 October.

On the plus side it did give me time to check and fix why curef's car was starting to make a gear mismatch noise. Pinion has been replaced with a slightly larger one for better gear mesh. 

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

On Saturday afternoon the usual diehards braved the rain (41 mm in 4 hours) to make their way to Peter’s out at Bungendore. Andrew (32coupe), Dave (Dave P) and Alvaro came out from Canberra and I drove the 50 ks from the opposite direction to meet Peter and his stepson for some serious racing.

Peter’s track is an old 2 lane, painted in ferrodor and running copper tape. It’s pretty much a power track with 6 straights and some tight corners between them. The cars that are quick out of corners should do well on it, and they did. Aloha, Dave P, ALS and reek all improved over their last few results.

There weren’t any casualties but curef’s car is making a lot of noise. It still gets round the track so no need to worry just yet. All the other cars did their best to lap as well as they could except Andrew’s (32coupe).

We normally give each car a few laps before the race to make sure they don’t have any problems and to get a bit of a feel for them on a new track. Andrew’s Mercedes just didn’t like this track and drove quite slowly compared to the other cars. Lap time was woeful and Andrew wasn’t happy, in fact he was quite annoyed with his car. He was even less happy when he found he wasn’t practicing with his car but a standard SCX that looked just like his. For a minute I thought I’d grabbed the wrong car when I packed them in the morning but one look at Peter with his Cheshire cat grin told me he’d pulled the best prank I’ve seen for a long time.

Once that was all sorted we started racing and here’s the finishing order.

fetch?id=1667541&d=1604270819

Position Name Round 8 laps Round 8 best lap time Round 8 Points
1 32coupe 41.74 8.126 20
2 Aloha 41.24 8.431 19
3 Sports Racer 41.17 8.296 18
4 Dave P 40.65 8.52 17
5 jimmyslots 1950 40.32 8.411 16
6 ALS 39.92 8.428 15
7 Lancealot 39.82 8.553 14
8 reek455 39.54 8.685 13
9 Peter Gunn 39.35 8.835 12
10 sticks 39.15 8.825 11
11 Alvaro 39.04 8.72 10
12 Brumos RSR 38.58 8.433 9
13 bov 38.28 8.838 8
14 Shaynus 38.26 8.862 7
15 Supercharged 38.02 9.182 6
16 Pepsi62 36.83 9.388 5
17 ArroldN 36.57 9.092 4
18 curef99 36.15 9.341 3

curef and Brumos

Shaynus and Pepsi

Reek and Aloha

Supercharged and Dave P

ArroldN and ALS

Lancealot and bov

Alvaro and Peter Gunn

jimmyslots and sticks

32coupe and Sports Racer

Post race review

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

21 minutes ago, Sports Racer said:

For a minute I thought I’d grabbed the wrong car when I packed them in the morning but one look at Peter with his Cheshire cat grin told me he’d pulled the best prank I’ve seen for a long time.

Yeah, thanks for that.............................................

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

If I enter when this proxy is run again I might switch to the Opel. If not I'll go for a lexan interior and see what else I can do. The Opel appears from the pictures to have a lower cab height thus lower CG. Correct me if I'm wrong. May also look at some other DTM cars with a lower stance.

Got to get Low, get low, low low!!!!!!

Edited by ArroldN
  • Upvote 1

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI