2020 Touring Car Proxy Round 5 - Chris's track

Sports Racer

And we have a new winner.

fetch?id=1665852&d=1600914413

Congratulations go to ArroldN and the race winning taxi. :D

Good to see my brother's car rounding out the podium. Go Aussies!

Name Round 5 laps Round 5 best lap time Round 5 Points
ArroldN 106.58 4.876 20
Sports Racer 105.73 4.889 19
32coupe 104.65 4.967 18
Peter Gunn 103.43 4.965 17
Lancealot 103.27 4.940 16
jimmyslots 1950 103.14 4.966 15
Brumos RSR 102.64 4.730 14
ALS 101.67 4.990 13
bov 101.51 5.096 12
reek455 101.50 4.935 11
Aloha 100.88 4.983 10
Dave P 99.94 4.971 9
Supercharged 99.83 5.038 8
Shaynus 99.21 4.917 7
Alvaro 98.83 5.169 6
curef99 97.60 5.152 5
Pepsi62 96.53 5.250 4
sticks 87.62 5.694 3

Chris's track is the first time we're raced these cars on copper tape and even though the voltage was set at 13.5v most of the cars felt sluggish. The biggest exceptions were Shaynus, Lancealot and the taxi. These 3 cars loved the power. 

Going into the race I was pretty sure my car would finish down the field but pleasantly surprised the guys got it into the 4.8's.

Brumos had the fastest lap time but you had to concentrate to get consistently good laps. 

Sticks car was like driving a drift car, absolutely no grip.

Shaynus, Pepsi, Sticks

Curef, Lancealot, ALS

Bov, Alvaro, Dave P

Reek, Supercharged, 32coupe

ArroldN, Brumos, Aloha

Jimmy, Peter Gunn, Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Great racing ArroldN, Sports Racer and 32coupe.  Less than 6 laps between 1st and 10th and a lot of cars swapping spots up and down the grid.  Great builds everyone.  Told you guys look out for ArroldN he builds narrow monsters that scream.  Hey by the way I need 1 point for top qualifier.  I need every point I can get with you guys.  Keep having fun

Edited by Brumos RSR

There were some real surprises on Chris's track. It's good fun to run but really rewards handling and grip. Almost all cars made it into the 4.9s in the middle lane but the successful ones had grip on all three. Local MJK tyres worked best.

Edited by DP2O1

Thanks for the run guys,looks like you are enjoying these cars,congrats to the podium & ArroldN for his first win in the fastest Taxi in Aus.

Thanks also Paul for the vids,fun to see our cars in action & highlights how hard it is to win a Proxy with all the different tracks & surfaces to tune a car & be consistent over many rounds,love a challenge:D

Cheers Jimmy:D 

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

I kept asking who had something for Paul. Surprised that it was me:D. Thanks to the crew that ran this round. Glad to see my Taxi take the checked flag in the first position. Congratulations to my podium mates. Wow I can talk Assie :o Way to go Lance on getting in the top 5. Hope the car can get a few more podiums before the season ends.

Edited by ArroldN

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Thanks to all those involved running the night. Looks like a great track! Looks like my bus likes running at 13.5 V and wasn't an embarrassing handful (for a change!). Out of curiosity, what sort of range of voltages are some of the other tracks run at?

Thanks for the videos, and well done to those at the pointy end of the field!

All the tracks we race on are 12v except Chris's. Even with 13.5v it felt like 11v, probably because the track is copper tape with no power taps.

Your Audi is a quick car and has been on all the tracks we've raced on - check the fastest lap times. It just isn't reliable. It will come off without warning even though it drove through that corner at the same speed for the last 5 laps. When it does that a few times you lose confidence in the car so drive it much slower. 

May the downforce be with you.