ff050 sidewinder pod for Slot.it chassis mount

SlotsNZ

Interesting contributions from all of you on this subject, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of Paul's pods for projects that are lapping around in my mind.

What has become apparent from Chris's comments is the existence of slot car gear that many of us 'Down Under' have been unaware of e.g. MR motor pods for 050 motors, different gear and pinion diameters etc.

Like Mark and Wobble I marvel at the technical skills shown by Paul and others.

Watching the various editions of the Worldwide Slot Car Chat has also been a real eye-opener to the skills and knowledge that abound in our hobby-sport.

After nearly 60 years of being involved with slot cars I am regularly amazed by how much I don't know.

Den

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bingo said:

FF030 & 050 pods all done & ready to go if anyone is interested

XshvXWL.jpg

Well done......It would appear from the picture that you have set the vertical  centerline of the bushing placement above the motor shaft centerline ???..........what is the "offset" measurement ??,.....and, did you incorporate holes in the bulkhead for motor screws !!

Cheers

Chris Walker

That's the problem with FF050 and FK130 sidewinder, the tags cause a lot of grief for the pod designer, it's not easy to 3D print a pod stiff enough and still have access for wiring.  I made a FF050 adaptor for a C-can pod, it's just a hollow sleeve that makes a slimline the same size as a C-can...but those pesky tags are still a bind.

Life is like a box of Slot cars...B)

On 10/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Chrisguyw said:

Well done......It would appear from the picture that you have set the vertical  centerline of the bushing placement above the motor shaft centerline ???..........what is the "offset" measurement ??,.....and, did you incorporate holes in the bulkhead for motor screws !!

Cheers

Chris Walker

Chris the motor shaft centreline is 1.3mm below the axle centreline. Motor screws - no holes for those because the motor slides down a slot; the idea was to hot glue in although the base does sit flat on the pod, i.e flat section of motor on a flat surface. the motor would have to lift in the mounts quite a way before it turned.

• 7 months later...