Sign in to follow this  
KensRedZed

Hello from the Great White North

Greetings from a humble home in Toronto, Canada.

I like to scratch build 1/32 cars. That's not to say I'm very good at it... I just find it fun to do.

I look forward to exploring your cool site, and learning.

Hello Ken

Welcome to the forum.......from one scratch builder to another.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Hi Munter.

Nice to see familiar names. Funny that I'm meeting the same people in many places. Oh, the life of a newbie.

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome.

Thank you very kindly for another warm welcome.

Hey brother Wobble.:D

I had a photobucket account years ago when they were free. They said we will never charge me to store my pics. So I bought into it. Then one day they changed their minds and sent me a notice saying they now wanted money from me. I told them to hit the road.

I would dearly love to post a gaggle of builds. I have them on file. But unfortunately got stopped at the door. I humbly apologize, but I'm not going to DL all my pics to a third party. I don't need the exposure that badly that I'll jump through hoops for it.  But I will gladly support everyone, and help where ever I can.

That's too bad for this site that they won't own the content like other forums. Photobucket can hold them over a barrel. The text means nothing without the photos.

I'll never say never. But I don't expect to open a Photobucket account any time soon.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KensRedZed said:

I had a photobucket account years ago when they were free. They said we will never charge me to store my pics. So I bought into it. Then one day they changed their minds and sent me a notice saying they now wanted money from me. I told them to hit the road.

I would dearly love to post a gaggle of builds. I have them on file. But unfortunately got stopped at the door. I humbly apologize, but I'm not going to DL all my pics to a third party. I don't need the exposure that badly that I'll jump through hoops for it.  But I will gladly support everyone, and help where ever I can.

That's too bad for this site that they won't own the content like other forums. Photobucket can hold them over a barrel. The text means nothing without the photos.

I'll never say never. But I don't expect to open a Photobucket account any time soon.

If you want to do photos https://postimages.org/ is pretty straight forward. I'm pretty useless when it comes to computers so if I can work it out it must be dead simple.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

19 hours ago, KensRedZed said:

We cover the cost of the forum ourselves, we have been down the advertising route before so a little hard for us to cover the cost of the data storage. The host is also family and we don’t really want to over extend our welcome  

Maybe one day when I am not so heavily involved in my job it might be time to dedicate the time to managing this place a little more. 

Vinno. Thank you very kindly for a very sensible explanation. I fully understand your point of view, and would probably do the same in your shoes.

I did not figure out how to post photos until after I joined and said hello. It's not fair of me to complain about a system that works.

However. I would rather pay a fee to the forum for a premium membership including photo storage than pay another third party. Just saying...

Maybe when I retire, I can take the time to down load everything to a third party. I wish AUSlot nothing but success. :)