Sign in to follow this  
Nashville Slot Racer

Looking for Starting Grids for B&H 500/1000 from 1968-78

Dear slot friends on the other side of the world,

I am trying to assemble a grid of 1/32 slot cars to recreate the 1968-78 Benson & Hedges 500/1000 at Pukekohe here in Nashville, TN, along with the Bathurst and Sandown production car events and ATCC events I already have well-stocked. I understand the B&H entries had to be assembled in NZ during this period. I already have a good stockpile of Valiant Chargers (from Aussie resin makers) and can get Vauxhall Victor kits as well, but I need to know what cars were on the grid in this period, and if you know where I might be able to get bodies of these other cars as well. 

I have had no luck finding full grid listings of the cars that ran during this era. Any help from fellow slot car racers would be appreciated,  and if you know of any Aussie/Kiwi expatriots here in Nashville of middle Tennessee that would like to participate in recreating classic Aussie/NZ racing events here in 1/32 slot racing, please help put us into contact!

Mike 

"I am trying to assemble a grid of 1/32 slot cars to recreate the 1968-78 Benson & Hedges 500/1000 at Pukekohe here in Nashville, TN, along with the Bathurst and Sandown production car events and ATCC events I already have well-stocked." I meant to imply from that phrase that I already had "well stocked" cars for the well-documented Bathurst and Sandown events, but did not for the B&H 500/1000 because of the scarcity of documentary data. Sorry if I bred confusion, gazza.

gazza (and others), do you have any data that I am looking for, on the car grids for the B&H 500/1000 from 1968 to 1978? 

Google "The Roaring Season" it's got heaps of photos and information on motor racing in general also being a kiwi site it also has a lot of local information as well.

You may have to join to ask questions, but that's a small price to pay for such a great site.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017