Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy - penalties

What's with Aussies and their inability to follow rules? All the infringements are for Australian cars and most are for the guys I race with.

32coupe .. minus 5 points for small front tyres (must be within 2mm dia of rear tyres) and minus 5 points for rear tyres stick out from the body.

Alvaro .. minus 5 for small front tyres

Curef .. minus 5 for small front tyres and minus 5 for windscreen/glass not being transparent

Dave P .. minus 5 for small front tyres and minus 5 for weight under chassis - must be contained inside the car

Supercharged .. minus 5 for small front tyres

Read the rules next time guys.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

May the downforce be with you.

Paul, First,  thank you for organizing this event. Second, thank you for your honesty on tech.

So how to proceed? Do they get to fix their cars, (only the infraction!) or are we going to continue as is? Maybe you have a better option?

If they continue as is, do the cars that have penalties get the point deduction on every race because the car is not legal ?

I am very surprised at the infractions and how blatant they are. I am really holding back how i really feel.

After all, I entered this proxy and sent a car all the way to Australia.

If I am beat by a better car, that is OK, but getting beat by illegal cars is another issue entirely.

Last year, this proxy was enjoyable and had all legal cars.

Lance

Edited by lancelot

Curef's window issue doesn't make the car go faster so the 5 points deduction is a one-off.

The small wheels, wheels outside the bodywork and lead under the chassis are performance enhancing so I'll give the drivers the option to fix their cars. If not fixed then it's 5 points each race for each infringement. The local club allows cars to be modified this way so it wasn't done deliberately, the guys didn't read the rules, they just changed the motors on a class we already run. 

Luckily most of the cars are local and the fixes shouldn't take much time. I'll ask curef if he's ok for me to fit bigger tyres to his car or wants it sent back for him to fix. 

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

Tomorrow night - it's the first chance I'll have of getting back to Alvaro's track. 

Wednesday night is round 2 and I'll make sure the taxi is included. :D

:lol:

I think the drivers of my car have suffered too!

Being a Dockers supporter I am well versed in dealing with poor results, so water off a duck's back :D

ALS - 5 point penalty for a tyre change. The NSR's wouldn't have lasted another round so it's now running MJKs.

Shaynus -10 for rebuilding your front end, the 3D printed chassis is starting to delaminate so lots of time spent adding epoxy to strengthen the front axle mounts and guide mount. Everytime I fixed one bit it broke somewhere else so now it's pretty much bullet proof. :D

Cheers

Paul

6 minutes ago, Shaynus said:

It's now the Steve Roger's tribute chassis - 6 Million Dollar Man for those who don't remember! :D

Steve Austin ?

Oops yes, that's right Steve Austin! Steve Rodgers is (was?) Captain America. Sorry, obviously too many Marvel comics and movie under the belt! :blink:

Maybe Duck Dodgers (Daffy Duck's alter ego) may be more appropriate?? ;)

Shaynus you'll have to stop reading comics and read some slot car mags on how to build a slot car  chuckle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Gunn said:

Shaynus you'll have to stop reading comics and read some slot car mags on how to build a slot car  chuckle

:lol:

LOL!

I think my car has the POW! BASH! SMASH! CRASH!  pretty well down pat...

I'm taking bets on how many heats it can finish tonight. 

Best odds are on 2 heats. :D

It lasted the whole race, still deslots when pushed hard but now you can drive it at 9/10 ths and it stays in the slot. The trick is to race your own race, don't try to keep up with the other cars.