alexis in greece

My first hillclimb

I wanted to give it a try for very long,finally I found time to build it.Since it has to be easily transported,and will be stored in a covered but open area therefore has to be light and with stand humidity.The solution I found was styrofoam.I had already experimented with a couple of special stages,one single board(250 X60 cm) each .The big issue was if I would be able to bend the board.Which I succeded.I used a single board for this one too because I wasnt sure if bonding 2 pieces would be strong enough.I used pva glue and pu foam which worked quite well.Unfortunately I did not think of taking photos in the proccess but I shot a short video from the firat run.First impressions:

-ground clearence has to be at least 1.5

-BREAKS ,the first car that touched the track ended on the floor at the end of the downhill section

-sprung guide or drop arm a must

-guard rails and walls have to be added

Planning for the next one,this time I will shoot hpotos and it will be more car friendly

For the time being here is a short video

https://youtu.be/sAGMeViUY_0

[

Edited by alexis in greece
  • Like 1

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Love it Alexis right up my street is a hill climb did one years ago at West Ham with a Ferrari 250 GTO and that also landed up on the floor in those days lexan body, did not fare well

Like I told you on Facebook - that's not a hillclimb. :D

stock-photo-the-long-and-winding-road-ch

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.