Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy Round 2 - Steve's track

Round 2 will be next Wednesday - 2nd September - on Steve's track.

I promise to take all the cars this time. :D

Nevs-track-1.jpg

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Reminder that racing will be tonight and this time I haven't forgotten any of the cars. :D

Cheers

Paul

Curef's car has been repaired in time for round 2.

NSR gear fitted, gearing is now 10/34 so it will be interesting to see how it performs tonight.

curef99-gear-2.md.jpg

curef99-gear-1.md.jpg

I'll even clean the tyres. :D

The race has been run and there were quite a few surprises. The cars loved the ferrodore surface but some didn't like the long straight.

Here's the top 10 in finishing order.

https://imgshare.io/images/2020/09/03/Round-2-top-10-a.jpg

Round-2-top-10-a.jpg

Congratulations to ArroldN and Peter Gunn in joining me on the podium.

Race results

Position Name Round 2 laps Round 2 best lap time Round 2 Points
1 Sports Racer 82.91 6.191 20
2 ArroldN 81.31 6.253 19
3 Peter Gunn 80.46 6.238 18
4 32coupe 79.86 6.463 17
5 jimmyslots 1950 79.51 6.249 16
6 ALS 79.32 6.205 15
7 Dave P 79.12 6.327 14
8 Brumos RSR 79.08 6.368 13
9 Aloha 78.79 6.392 12
10 Lancealot 78.71 6.353 11
11 Alvaro 78.12 6.45 10
12 reek455 76.80 6.469 9
13 bov 76.49 6.427 8
14 Supercharged 76.09 6.849 7
15 curef99 75.37 6.639 6
16 sticks 73.49 6.604 5
17 Shaynus 72.60 6.639 4
18 Pepsi62 71.55 6.821

Edited by Sports Racer

I'll post videos later but all the cars were nice to drive on Steve's track. None of them were hard or annoying to drive and everyone commented on the improvement over last week. Seems they all like the ferrodore surface. 

The only car that had a hiccup was bov's. During its 2nd race it started coming off a few times. Inspection after the heat showed the front axle had moved back and was rubbing the body. Bov's car has a Slot.it universal chassis so between heats it was easy to undo the 4 screws that locate the front axle and put it back where it should be.  

All of the cars handled the long straight pretty much the same. There weren't any that were noticeably faster or slower so everyone has their gearing correct. 

Because the main straight is 6 metres long the heavy cars had to be braked much earlier than the lighter cars and it shows in the lap times. They also crashed more often if you didn't judge the braking distance correctly.

One of the interesting things to watch was the drivers as they drove their own cars when they came up in the heats. 5 of the cars entered are local cars from the club that raced last night so it's inevitable that they drove their own cars. Before anyone criticises me for letting people drive their own cars the results were surprising. Everyone overdrove their own car and crashed more often than when they drove the other cars so it was actually disadvantageous. 

Highlight of the night was racing my car against ALS's (driven by our best driver). For lap after lap there was nothing in it.

The taxi (ArroldN) was also a surprise. It raced in the 11th heat and by heat 13 was leading the pointscore. We expected the next 7 cars to beat it but it wasn't until my car completed it's 3 races that it pipped the taxi with 10 seconds to go.

3rd placed Peter Gunn's car sort of crept up on us. It wasn't until we tallied the results that we realised how well it had done.  

Videos to come.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

Congratulations Paul, ArroldN and Peter Gunn on your win and podiums.   Remember I told you guys the ArroldN  always OVER DELIVERS.  He’s in shipping ya know.  I know I’ll never here the end of this one, but great job ALS on your finish.  You are now the STL King of Proxy Racing.   Overall with less than a lap between 4th and 8th the competition is extremely tight.  Good luck to everyone next round 

Thanks for running the 2nd round so quick. Congrats to the podium.

I clicked on imgshare link, nothing there

Edited by lancelot

20 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

Curef's car has been repaired in time for round 2.

NSR gear fitted, gearing is now 10/34 so it will be interesting to see how it performs tonight.

curef99-gear-2.md.jpg

curef99-gear-1.md.jpg

I'll even clean the tyres. :D

i owe you... and the car look to be fast enough... send me a PM and i paypal the gear cost.

thanks Canberra crew for running round 2, Congrats to the podium, good to see some different faces up there.

The MG still at the back of the pack, off to round 3

Congrats to Sportsracer, ArroldN and Peter Gunn on the podiums and thanks to all that participated in the running of the race. I guess my car didn't exhibit it's Jack rabbit imitation on this track? On to the next round

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

WOW is all I can say. Thanks to all who made this event happen. Glad to see the little taxi is handling its own. Hopefully this reflects what the future holds for this series. :DCongratulations to Paul and Peter.

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

On 9/2/2020 at 8:59 PM, Brumos RSR said:

Congratulations Paul, ArroldN and Peter Gunn on your win and podiums.   Remember I told you guys the ArroldN  always OVER DELIVERS.  He’s in shipping ya know.  I know I’ll never here the end of this one, but great job ALS on your finish.  You are now the STL King of Proxy Racing.   Overall with less than a lap between 4th and 8th the competition is extremely tight.  Good luck to everyone next round 

Thanks for the comment Tony. Hopefully this is a picture of things to come.

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Here's the videos as promised

Me, Dave P and 32coupe

Aloha, Brumos, Alvaro

Lancelot, ArroldN, Peter Gunn

Jimmy, Supercharged, Bov

Pepsi, Sticks, Reek

Shaynus, ALS, Curef

Edited by Sports Racer