Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy Round 1 - Alvaro's track

Round 1 will be tomorrow night on Alvaro's track.

fetch?id=1665015&d=1598241795

3 min per heat and I'll take videos.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

There is the old saying, when the flag drops the bullshit tops, except that still doesn't stop me bullshitting! :D

Have fun tomorrow! B)

Well, the racing has been done and we had a great time driving your cars. Apart from a few that had problems all the cars were a pleasure to race.

Here's the podium.

Click image for larger version  Name: Round 1 winners.jpg Views: 0 Size: 247.1 KB ID: 1665128

Race results. These are preliminary as I forgot to take Arroldn's car. It will be raced tomorrow night and added to the results. There's also penalties to be applied as a few cars have front wheels that don't comply to the rules (too small) and some cars have tyres that extend past the guards.

Click image for larger version  Name: Results round 1.jpg Views: 0 Size: 166.3 KB ID: 1665129

Curef99 will need a gear change. I'll see what I have in my spares and get it back into racing mode.

Click image for larger version  Name: curef99 gear.jpg Views: 0 Size: 237.5 KB ID: 1665130

ALS had tyre problems. After 2 laps one of the rear tyres kept lifting. It's a different size to the other rear tyre and not the right size for the rim. I temporarily fit one of my spare NSR tyres on so it could race but it had a different diameter to the other rear tyre so handling wasn't as good as it should have been. May need both rear tyres replaced which will incur a 5 point penalty.

Click image for larger version  Name: ALS tyre.jpg Views: 0 Size: 194.2 KB ID: 1665131

Reek's car has a problem. You couldn't give it full power out of the corners because it would bounce almost out of the slot. Something's not right and I'll check what's causing it and report.

As for the rest of you, well done, all your cars were great to drive.

Videos to come.

Cheers

Paul

i did gamble with using the gear in the opposite direction, but i run few short 2mn events here without problem... i did not expect to brake on the first race. Amazing. conclusion: do not gamble guys!!! :)

Thanks for the run Paul & helpers.

Happy with the Meganes result & if it continues to be a top 10 place will most definately return next year with much LIGHTER  Plafit chassis.

Happy with the Plafit Pointer motor & with a trip to weight watchers should liven up the Frog:D.

Bring on Rd 2 

Cheers Jimmy:D  

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Thank you for the run guys.  Paul and fellow podiumites...congrats! Arroldn I hope you run well. Aloha Dale

Congratulations Paul, 32 Coupe and Dave P on you win and podiums.  In my Paul Walker voice,  “Dude I almost had you” Aloha.  Thank you for the run and hosting the 1st round good luck to the builders in round 2

Thanks to all involved in running the night - I hope you had fun. Well done to those at the top of the sheet!B)

Sounds like my car takes after me too much - randomly goes of the rails! :D

Come on Man. How you leave my car out. :o Um looks like the DTM cars are leading the pack. Just hope I have a chance. Just realized my Alfa is also listed as a DTM:rolleyes:

Edited by ArroldN

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

About what i expected with that car , congrats to the fast one's, just a question Paul could you list how many cars are inline , sidewinder and anglewinder ta.

Hey by the way it is great to see some of the Team Pacific team mates from the GT3 Proxy ... oh yeah and a shout out to the other Mr Brumos who was on the other team.  Good luck Arrold

I've got a spec sheet done, just got to work out how to add it here.

Arrold, it was easy to leave your car out when it looks like a taxi. :D

thanks to the team at Alvaro's track for running round 1 and congrats to the locals on the podium. thinking I should have went  FK180 AW setup 

Well that's not encouraging news. Is the suspension winding up and releasing due to excessive grip? Thanks to the gang for running this round and hopefully it performs better on the 2nd and gives me a birthday present.

Regards

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

15 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

Arrold, it was easy to leave your car out when it looks like a taxi. :D

Well get that taxi looking puppy running. I must agree some of those other entries look really fast.

Edited by ArroldN

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Rico, as soon as you accelerate the car starts to bounce. We had to turn the power down to the lowest setting on our controllers to drive your car and even then it wasn't enough. I'll have a look at it and let you know if something came loose inside or is rubbing.

Cheers

Paul

I appreciate any efforts to correct this issue, thank you in advance.

Regards

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Not a problem, there's nothing worse than building a great car only to have something come loose and make your proxy experience absolute crap.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:08 AM, Aloha said:

Hey by the way it is great to see some of the Team Pacific team mates from the GT3 Proxy ... oh yeah and a shout out to the other Mr Brumos who was on the other team.  Good luck Arrold

Hopefully team USA will be able to compete  with Pac and AUS 

Videos of the race. I had to limit it to 1.5 minutes recording because my phone doesn't have a low res recording function and 1.5 min is 400 Mb.

The first race (ALS, Pepsi, Shaynus) I filmed with my tablet and it didn't work so switched to my phone. Sorry, no video of ALS, Pepsi or Shaynus.

Here's the ones that worked.

Sports Racer, Jimmy, Brumos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WghVzQeQbU

Sports Racer, Jimmy, Reek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKxQnq4RPmY

Peter Gunn, Supercharged, Alvaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCXC98_-Nsw

Bov, Lance, Aloha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi9S7wmQf5M

Sticks, Dave P, 32coupe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQQFomRSv0

Round 2 this Wednesday will have videos of all the cars.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

The start of the Bov, Lance & Aloha heat video reminded me of the start of the V8SUPERCAR race at Townsville on Saturday!  :D

Thanks for taking the time to post the videos.

Obviously you will need to find a high speed video recorder to film my car, mine must have been too quick to be picked up by the one you used that night!! :P

Once again, thanks to all those involved in running these nights, I hope you had fun.

Because your car was in the first heat (slowest qualifiers) it had to be run with the fastest cars (last heat) to complete it's run on all 3 lanes. It was keeping up with Brumos's car which is pretty good considering how well that car goes. BUT........ it has a nasty habit of coming out of the slot unexpectedly even though you drive it exactly the same speed through the corner for the last 5 laps.Once it does this a few times you lose all confidence in the car and drive it slowly. 

I have had my car on a diet all week :o   I hope the tyres work better on the ferrodor tracks:unsure:

I ran ArroldN's taxi last night and did 83 laps which puts it in 8th spot.

Here's the "official" results now that all the cars have been run.

Round-1-points.md.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer