MOPARGREG

1970 Petty Enterprises Team - Plymouth Superbirds

Hi guys, I think I last posted in 2013, but Ive still been building cars & so forth, so I thought I would share a few things Ive been up to. First up my Petty Enterprises Team in 1970, both #43 & #40 Plymouth Superbirds. I would have to say, Richard Petty's Superbird would have to be my all-time favourite race car of all time. So I really enjoyed building these. I worked on these on & off for a few years. 

fetch?id=41002&d=1591952896

Here's a few details on the cars Ive built. They are 1/25 scale. I started with Johan model kits. The bodies were fairly modified, wheel wells opened up & flared out, Monogram 1/24 nose cone smoothed out & various other things. Chassis are brass H&R Racing, Motor is H&R Hawk, Wheels are H&R front wheels all round, my own cast urethane tires, Wheel inserts by Modelhaus, Decals by Powerslide, Driver figures by Immense Miniatures. Paint is Tamiya Light Blue TS23 & Tamiya Clear TS13. Since taking these photos I have rebuilt the roll cage in the interior as the kit roll cage is hideous. Ive also rebuilt the exhaust pipes. Sorry I could be bothered retaking photos. 

Here's the Petty Team -

fetch?id=41004&d=1591953438

Pete Hamilton's #40

fetch?id=41005&d=1591953593

fetch?id=41007&d=1591953747

fetch?id=41008&d=1591953821

Richard Petty's #43

fetch?id=41009&d=1591960988

fetch?id=41010&d=1591961045

fetch?id=41011&d=1591961153

Thanks for Looking, Greg

• Like 3

Thanks

Greg

Great looking cars. It strikes me as odd that there aren't a lot more Petty cars available as RTR slot cars. I presume its a licensing thing as anything Petty would sell like hotcakes.

Carrera made a couple of Petty cars a Plymouth Fury and Ford Torino and Revell Monogram a 67 Plymouth as well. 

They did sell like hot cakes which is why you can't find them :)

Nice cars Greg and thanks for posting - I have a 1/24 Superbird body on the way from a friend and your post prompted me to add some decals for it to my order from Pattos.

Nice work there Greg!

Tires look great too. What shore rating and are they the same shore front and rear?

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Thanks guys. The tyres I believe are Shore 40 Smooth-on Vytaflex. Same front & back. I just paint some clear nail polish on the fronts & true them up. David if you are going to build a Petty car get the Powerslide decals from Mikes Decals. They are incredible quality.

• Like 1

Thanks

Greg