Bingo

Slot Car Guide Holder Repair Part

These guide holders will be handy for anyone (like me) who wants to replace copper-strip connectors (chicken legs) similar to those used in many SCX cars.

I have previously replaced the complex Carrera guide set-ups with 3DP items from Slot Car Corner but more recently have been cutting up unwanted chassis to obtain the guide holders.

Do I PM Bingo to arrange purchase?

Den

Yup go ahead and do that. It would be useful to know what the diameter of the hole on the chassis is. I make to fit 17.5 and 18.2mm holes but the size is easily modified. 

Will these replace the newer style scalextric mounts? I have a couple of scalextric chassis with broken mounts.

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website

Hg3YX1E.jpg

This is a representation of how the guide attaches. Clean up around the hole in the chassis & then glue the repair part with araldite or similar.

Hello again Everyone.

I received my guide holders from Bingo in exactly two weeks (Napier to Launceston) which isn't too bad under the current freight/postage situation.

While I haven't modified any of my chassis with these at present I thought I should comment of the general finish of the items supplied - they look very strong and have a fairly smooth finish. They compare favourably with similar items received from the old SCC Canada.

The body-mounting posts also included in the order are made with little stabilising 'feet' that should enable a very secure method of attaching the posts to the body of the car. (Not to be confused with Little Feat, the 70s rock band!)

Major item supplied was the portable tyre cleaner (PTC) which will be most useful when I travel from track to track around Tasmania. As much as I appreciate the facilities provided by track-owners sometimes they are bit hard to get to for an old codger with mobility problems.

I see the 'PTC' as having 4 functions (1) checking that your cars are wired correctly, and preventing the embarrassment of hurtling off the start-line in reverse, (2) can also be used as a set-up block, (3) freshening up tyres that may have developed a crust since last being used, and of course (4) cleaning tyres by applying WD40/CRC to the integral sanding block.

Having the PTC unit powered by batteries means that I can perform all these functions independently.

I'm looking forward to getting hold of some of the motor-pods when they become available.

Den

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big den said:

The body-mounting posts

hi picks please and how much thank you ps how much are the guide holders and post to sa 5113

Edited by sdeamon