Shenanigans Raceway (SR)

dictionary definition: mischievousness or high-spirited behaviour / secret manoeuvring

Well I think I have decided on a name for my track, this is a full Four Lane 1:24 scale modular MrTrax system with full timing system. Love the idea of infinitely expandable track by buying extra modules, unclip, move around, install and clip in new module. I can also take these modules to another track, e.g. yours, and combine all our modules into a mega track.. awesome idea I think.

MrTrax website and MrSlotcar website.

Highly recommend Peter Van Horssen and both his businesses Mrtrax.com and MrSlotcar.com. 200% professional business operator that provides exceptional products, service and after sales support. You can not go wrong.

01-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-logo.png

Shenanigans Raceway (SR) Logo

02-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     03-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     04-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     05-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg

06-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     07-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-Collage.jpg     08-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     09-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg

10-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     11-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     12-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     13-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg

14-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     15-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     16-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     17-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg

18-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     19-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     25-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     

26-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg     27-Shenanigans-Raceway-SR.jpg

These last two images showing the special converter module that converts the Super Four Lane track into a Mega Two Lane track...

Edited by Johnno
  • Upvote 1

I've made tentative arrangements for tomorrow afternoon to get it back up stairs as it might be another two or more months before it gets replaced :wacko: so might as well get into having some fun. 

Your all welcome

I've also recently ordered a TruSpeed MTII controller so will be good to get that and really get into things.

Hope are well out there. 

edit July 3: the track modules are all back upstairs with many appreciated thanks to Noel. Even changed things around to get another track design.

Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-track-2a.jpg      Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-track-2b.jpg 

Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-track-2c.jpg      Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-track-2d.jpg     Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-track-2e.jpg      Shenanigans-Raceway-SR-track-2f.jpg

Edited by Johnno
added edit comment and photos

Howdy there PR. 

Thanks mate, got to love the MrTrax system.

If you are in Taree anytime and want to place a few laps feel free to reach out (PM sent). I am trying to get some racing happening. I've not been able to make it out Charlie at Old Bar as yet which is driving me crazy...

The track is positive wired so feel free to bring along your controller and any cars.

September 2, 2020
Well the afternoon didn't start at all well, had some issues with track call not cutting power to track when used, worked out that the power was not actually connected for some reason duh and doh!!, we could hear the solinoid working, that sorted then the cars were stuttering and carrying on, like what the hell now... worked out that when four cars and four Slot.it controllers active and four cars, there was not enough Amps, turning up the Amps fixed this and finally away racing we went.

Practice entailed allowing racers to sort out what cars they wanted to run in the five classes. 

With racing eventually kicking off a little behind schedule starting with: 
Ninco 1's,
As usual with a long straight most of the Ninco's were at maximum power straight out of the corner so the racing was going to be won on the cornering and chicane. 

Ninco-1-Leaderboard.jpg          Ninco-1-Podium.jpg

Ninco 1 Leaderboard                        Ninco 1 Podium

1st: Paul

2nd: Charlie

3rd: Lindsay

LMP's, 

Photo's weren't taken for this due to being in too much of a rush to start next race. Oh well.

GT3 International's
These beauties presented and raced well. Deslotting happening fairly constant. 

GT-International-Leaderboard.jpg          GT-International-Podium.jpg

GT International Leaderboard          GT International Podium

Slot.it's, 
Photo's weren't taken for this due to being in too much of a rush to start next race. Oh well.

Revo stock standard, 
Being the first time for racing on Johnno's track they traded well and were very well suited to the entire track from the long straight to the hard corners and overpass they ran great. 

Paul for some reason was some what out if sorts having more deslots than I've ever seen him have, he said he was trying too hard... yeah ok, try hard

Johnno (me) saw a remarkable improvement in car control and fewer than normal deslots, racing my own race (as Paul keeps telling me to do) taking out several podium positions, third place, but still I got to see the podium. 

Charlie started great but had some grip issues early on with one car. Which was sorted. 

Jeff and Joe drove great throughout all the classes with both having that "laid back, hands crossed, one handed controller pose"

I think Joe had his maiden race with his Revo (nice Malboro livery) and really hadn't done much tuning, I suggested he install his wood guide and true both front and rear tyres

Car damage was none, though there were two guides broken  during the day, the first door Johnno's track. 

It is great having a variety of experienced racers in the group with Charlie and Paul the most competitive between themselves

Revo-Leaderboard.jpg          Revo-Podium.jpg

Revo Leaderboard                              Revo International Podium

3rd: Johnno

Trans-Am

Trans-Am-Leaderboard.jpg          Trans-Am-Podium.jpg

Trans-Am Leaderboard                    Trans-Am International Podium

1st: Charlie

2nd: Paul

3rd: Johnno

Edited by Johnno

Well a bit late for posting Racing Results for 9th September 2020, better late than never I guess.

Well what an afternoon of racing we had at Paul's Undara Circuit. Sadly Geoff couldn't make the race meet so we persevered on with five of us for the afternoon.

Day progressed well with several guides being snapped once again by Paul. Johnno managed to write off a chassis with the guide mount completely breaking on his Slot.it Lola LMP, after checking online new chassis is $11 + postage, so I decided to part the car out for spares and complete the setup of another car.

20200909-132609-Ninco-1-Leaderboard.jpg          20200909-132719-Ninco-1-Podium.jpg

Ninco 1 Leaderboard                         Ninco 1 Podium

2nd: Paul

20200909-140150-Trans-Am-Leaderboard.jpg          20200909-140211-Trans-Am-Podium.jpg

Trans-Am Leaderboard                    Trans-Am Podium

20200909-143242-GT-International-Leaderb          20200909-143253-GT-International-Podim.j

GT International Leaderboard          GT International Podium

20200909-145848-Slot-it-Group-C-Leaderbo          20200909-151403-Slot-it-Group-C-Podium.j

Slot.it Group C Leaderboard             Slot.it Group C Podium

1st: Johnno

2nd: Lindsay

3rd: Joe

20200909-154317-LMP-Leaderboard.jpg          20200909-154350-LMP-Podium.jpg

LMP Leaderboard                              LMP Podium

20200909-161612-Revo-Leaderboard.jpg          20200909-161641-Revo-Podium.jpg

Revo Leaderboard                              Revo Podium