Repy to posts?

lenny broke

Hi Guys,

I must admit I'm having a few problems navigating this new set up on the forum.

So how do you reply to a post. I can't see a reply button anywhere

Thanks in advance to a reply

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Well I've found the reply button in the top right hand corner of this post. The post I'm referring to is the Tasman Cup post by Stubbo in announcements. It doesn't have  the reply button in it.

Edited by lenny broke

As gazza said, should look like this underneath the last post.

replybox.jpg

You don't even need a reply button at top, you just start typing, and the bits at the bottom of the picture below appear,  you then hit the "Submit reply" button when you've finished typing and adding any pictures

replybox2.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks for the replies chaps, but not in this particular post, I couldn't see anyway to reply to it. (see below) Anyway I can see on other posts where it is, so problem sorted

Now next problem.. The "view new content" button isn't a feature in this new forum, is there a way to set up similar function?

Tasman Cup

By Stubbo, 21 hours ago in News and Announcements

•  

Stubbo

• Classic Racer
  •  
  •  
  • Members
  • 1,612 posts

Good morning everyone.

Sometimes life gets in the way of slot cars and right at this point in time that has happened to me. The next twelve months or so are filled with a lot of uncertainty and consequently I don't think I can commit to running the next Tasman series. 

With that in mind I have contacted the other original Tasmanites and I am very happy to say that Alan O'Dea or Lenny Broke to most of you has agreed to take over the running of the series.

Alan is one of the Pioneers of proxy racing world wide and I know the Tasman is in great hands. 

I wish Alan well and hope that the support from Auslot members continues and the next series is best yet.

Cheers.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Alan - I had checked that topic before replying and it looked absolutely normal to me.
Still does,  so not sure why you were seeing it different. May have just been a glitch on the server at the time.
How is it looking to you now?

tasman.jpg

You can set up custom variations of "new content" under Activity  - see the pic below

streams.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

No not that post Mark it's the one where Stubbo is announcing his standing down form series director. I see vinno has replied but I still can't see the reply button.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21161-tasman-cup/&tab=comments#comment-283156

Don't worry about it I've been in contact with Stubbo and said what I needed to say.

Cheers Alan

Okay - but same goes, that thread looks normal too - and your first comment on the topic was general - not to a particular thread at all. 

On 6/17/2020 at 12:49 AM, lenny broke said:

Hi Guys,

I must admit I'm having a few problems navigating this new set up on the forum.

So how do you reply to a post. I can't see a reply button anywhere

Thanks in advance to a reply

Cheers Alan

Still don't know why you are not seeing any thread differently to anyone else. 

Just trying to help you,

On 6/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, dangermouse said:

I had a look at the topic Alan referred to and I also can't see an option to post a reply to it.

Could it be because it is in the  News and Announcements section?

Can only moderators post replies in there?

cheers

David

The big green reply box at the top of the first post, on the right side, and the quick reply box, at the bottom, appear on all posts that i have opened.

I'm assuming that the green box is only attached to the first post allowing you to post to the first post/question/information submitted, instead of going to the last post added without reading anything posted between the first and your intended post.

This is ok for only 3 or 4 reply's but can lead to endless multiple posts on the same subject when the thread is over many pages, because as we all know no one reads any previous post to see if a particular question has been asked.

People will still do that but with the only reply being after the last post, they may actually read a few reply's on the way and find an answer to the question they wanted.

So if anyone of authority is listening, maybe turn that option off and see if that solves this and saves any other problems.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

You guys aren't going crazy - this should be fixed now. I don't know why as it's not something I touched and it was working after the upgrade, but reply permissions were disabled for normal members in that particular section of the forum.

Thanks Jacob,

I think that was my first attempt at a reply on the new format so was somewhat stumped at how to reply. In the end I was able to respond in other ways.

Cheers, Alan

Edited by lenny broke