dangermouse

Does Hornsby Slot Cars still exist?

Hello 

Wondering if Hornsby Slot Cars is still running? Anyone live near them?

I have looked at their website and was trying to find out if they have the listed BRM cars in stock but can't make contact with them.

thanks
David

Their FB page seems to say they are closed due to COVID and that any contact should go through their website...dated 29 May

I have heard that it had closed, owners of the site wanted to redevelop the area, could be wrong

Last I heard in January, James (owner) was given a 12 month reprieve to the end of 2020, then COVID-19 hit and he was forced to close because of that.

I think there is a chance HSC may resume for the rest of the year, once the restrictions are lifted, but not sure. :huh:

HSC's days are numbered tho.

:(

Last FB post 29th May......

“Under the Covid 19 directive all indoor tracks in NSW are classified as indoor amusements and hobbies and as such cannot reopen until the introduction of Stage 2 of the directive, at this time there is still no definite date as to when this will be, we will reopen as soon as legally possible. Stay safe and be patient, all contact is done directly with the Hornsby Slot Car's website, not this page, thanks”

Yes, James posted this on facebook;

"Hornsby Slot Car's will be reopen as from Wednesday the 1st July under Covid 19 regulations, club racing as per the calendar with changes to be advised to catch up with missed rounds of the SRC, and to split some other classes to reduce the amount of people in the store at one time. More info on this to come in the next week or so, Wednesday night trucks will go ahead as planned for the 1st. If you are not well, do the right thing and stay away for the safety of all. Let's have some fun."