Farrout

Holden Commodore Group A in 1/32?

Hi folks.  Been looking to complete a Group A Touring car class. Clearly I need the Commodore in VK, VL, VL Walkinshaw and VN Group A SS versions. Have they ever been made as slot cars????  Will be joining my stable of Group A Touring cars in our Slot.it DTM chassis class  

ideally plastic bodied but open to resin too. 
VK

brock-auction.jpg?width=1024

VL

holden_commodore_33.jpg

VL Walkinshaw

image-asset.jpeg?format=2500w

VN
1993-Perkins-Bathurst-AN1-905x6001-905x6

my club website and collection

Edited by Farrout

It looks like you found the topic on the resin VK. Some great looking scratch built car bodies being produced. 

I have been collecting and buiding Group A Cars too the class was very diverse. 

I did and I am hoping Munter can sell me some although have no clue where to buy. What have you found to date?  Would be fascinated to see  

From my post on slotforum here is where I am now

I posted years ago about there needing to be a manufacturer who took on the task of making a raceable slot car class from the historic class of 1980's Group A Touring Cars, (approx 1982-1992, focused on the top division over 2500cc and the 1600-2500cc second division), as raced in the European Touring Car Championship, Australian Touring Car Championship, Japanese Touring Car Championship and 1987 World Touring Car Championship. 

Totally focused on Touring cars (I have the Available Group A rally cars already) I intend to put them all on Slot.it DTM Chassis and drive train. Can you help me identify any other cars in the list below made in 1/32 scale?

I have the XJS, Volvo, Rover Vitesse, Sierra, BMW M3 and Skyline coming to use as race cars and have the slot.it DTM Opel, Alfa Romeo and Mercedes already  

• Alfa Romeo 75, 
  • Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV V6
  • Audi V8 
  • BMW 635 CSi, - made by Spirit, no longer in production
  • BMW M3 E30, BMW M3 Sport Evo, -  Now made by SCX/Scalextric and Fly
  • Ford Capri Made by Scalextric while ago and new version coming later this yea
  • Ford Mustang 5.0, 
  • Ford Sierra RS Cosworth and RS500, - Now made by SCX, Scalextric and Ninco
  • Ford Sierra XR4Ti and XR4i, 
  • Holden VK Commodore SS and SS Group A, 
  • Holden VL Commodore SS Group A and SS rGroup A SV,  3D printed body is available
  • Holden VN Commodore SS Group A SV, 
  • Jaguar XJS, Now made by George Turner Models
  • Maserati Biturbo, 
  • Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16, Mercedes-Benz 190E Evolution, Mercedes-Benz 190E Evolution II, now made by Slot.it in their DTM class
  • Mitsubishi Starion, 
  • Nissan Skyline DR30 RS
  • Nissan Skyline RS-X, 
  • Nissan Skyline GTS-R HR 31
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, now made by Slot.it in their DTM class, releasing now 
  • Opel Monza 3.0E
  • Opel Omega 
  • Rover SD1 3500/Vitesse, Made by Scalextric in the past
  • Toyota Celica Supra
  • Toyota Supra and Turbo-A, 
  • Volvo 240 Turbo, now made by MTR 32

Also saw some images on line about KNL Slots who seemed to make VK and VL ?!  But simply cannot find any sign of where to buy. 

Unfortunately either I am incapable of searching inline (probable) of KNL slots no longer has their Facebook page or their eBay store up (hopefully not true). Can anyone else try to find them/ reach them?

8 hours ago, mattcrackers said:

I think you will find KnL under Outlaw Resin and Custom Slots now on Facebook

No luck for me, so far but thank you for the lead

20 hours ago, Farrout said:

No luck for me, so far but thank you for the lead

I got myself added and they have quite a few interesting bodies. 

7 hours ago, Farrout said:

Wow. Autocorrect. vinno!

Do you have Facebook first as you won’t be able to get added without it? If so type Outlaw Resin and it will show up. You just need to ask permission to be added and you will be with 24 hours. 

Hi Farrout,

If it helps, I have 3D models for the following cars;

1985-1987 - ALfa 75, Alfa GTV, BMW 635, Bmw M3, Toyota Corolla Coupe, Ford Mustang, Holden VL, Holden VK, Maserati Biturbo, Mercedes 190E, Nissan DR30, Rover SDi, Sierra RS500, Toyota Supra, Volvo 240T, Jaguar XJS, Mitsubishi Starion, Toyota Celica.

PM me if your interested

Cheers

NimROD

8 hours ago, NimROD444 said:

Hi Farrout,

If it helps, I have 3D models for the following cars;

1985-1987 - ALfa 75, Alfa GTV, BMW 635, Bmw M3, Toyota Corolla Coupe, Ford Mustang, Holden VL, Holden VK, Maserati Biturbo, Mercedes 190E, Nissan DR30, Rover SDi, Sierra RS500, Toyota Supra, Volvo 240T, Jaguar XJS, Mitsubishi Starion, Toyota Celica.

PM me if your interested

Cheers

NimROD

Hi NimROD you have some there that I would love. Probably starting with the Nissan DR30 which would help round out the top cars from the early years of group A. I have been trying to source a kit of that car but the pricing is crazy so I thought I would just concentrate on the cars available for the time being.

Also the Starion and Alfa’s interest me at present. I do have quite a few cars I need to work on already but adding cars to my line would be good. 

Regards

Vince

Well that sound awesome. My issue is I have no clue how to take. 3D model and get it printed. Is that something I do thru shape ways or something?

For me the ones I would want to make are Alfa 75, Alfa GTV, BMW 635, Ford Mustang, Holden VL, Holden VK, Maserati Biturbo, Nissan DR30, Toyota Supra, Volvo 240T, Jaguar XJS, Mitsubishi Starion

Hi All,

dfZc0J.jpg

@Vinno - Example of the quality - all found on the net. I'll get them ready for printing over the next couple of weeks.

Do you have preferences, eg separate bumpers, grill, mirrors?

@Farrout - HAHA I Like your list Mate, Happy to get all the models ready over the next few weeks, just be patient.

Happy to share all the STL model files for free

I'll print a body first to see how good the quality is in the next week or so.

Cheers

NimROD

I’m a detail guy so separate grille and bumpers would be good. I don’t have a printer though so would be paying for bodies. 

Hi nimrod.
Would be overjoyed to be patient, so I will be!  Be patient with my comments  I have no idea how this works or what it takes  

For me the it comes down highest possible quality of model execution but still raceable.  If that means integral grille, bumpers and mirrors then I am 100% fine with that - it is how my plastic and resin models are for the most part. Happy to pay of course for either model preparation and or production. Again on production I am looking for best possible production. Eg on shapeways I can occasionally choose type on production and I will always choose the highest detail, smoothest /least grainy etc finish I can get. 

note I have already have some cars but looking for more  

• resin:  Ford Mustang (Munter: what a body! Slot.it Alfa chassis), Holden VK (Munter: ditto!) 3D 1969 Scalex Mustang chassis)
  • resin: Jaguar XJS by George Turner absolutely Beautiful but I feel way too small/ narrow 3D chassis for Scalextric BMW M3
  • resin: Outlaw has Holden VK, Holden VL Group A coming to me in due course. They are planning on making Holden VL Walkinshaw and Nissan Skyline HR31 in future 
  • vacform: Volvo 240 Turbo (Milan at MTR32.com - chassis TBD haven’t received it yet
  • plastic Scalextric: BMW M3 (omg it is tiny and narrow 3D Chassis), Ford Sierra RS500 (narrow, 3D Chassis), Rover 3500 , 3D Chassis
  • plastic Ninco: Ford Sierra RS 500. Much wider and easier drive than Scalextric version. , 3D Chassis
  • plastic Spirit: BMW 635 awesome but cost a fortune to get one. , 3D Chassis
  • Plastic Fly: BMW M3 lovely much wider and bigger than Scalextric version. , 3D Chassis
  • plastic Slot.it: Mercedes 190E, Opel Calibra (DTM), Alfa Romeo 155, Nissan Skyline HR34 Godzilla (coming) all on Slot.it chassis. 

The above run the exact same Slot.it components as the Slot.it DTM/Group A class motor pod, motor, axles, motor, gears, guide etc.  all the 3D chassis came from Amato, Cg, Olifer and are all using same in-line motor mount as the slot.it class defining cars. 

If it helps you in any way here is my wishlist in priority order for high quality plastic 3D printed bodies 
BMW 635, Volvo 240T, Jaguar XJS, Mitsubishi Starion, Alfa 75, Maserati Biturbo, Alfa GTV, Toyota Supra, Nissan DR30 (just different in lack of rear wing and front air dam?), Nissan HR31, Holden VL Walkinshaw, Holden VL Group A, Holden VK, Ford Mustang, 

Edited by Farrout

Let’s add some visuals to the verbal diarrhea above!
first the pretty bodies that I have to hand (Volvo and Godzilla Nissan not here yet. 
post-1755-0-10848300-1595201416.jpeg

post-1755-0-07160500-1595201430.jpeg

post-1755-0-08696100-1595201444.jpeg

in order left to right back row to front row the chassis photo cars are

ninco Sierra, Fly M3, Scalextric Rover, Munter VK, Munter a Mustang, Scalex Sierra, Scalex M3, Spirit 635, George Turner Jaguar XJS. 

note just how narrow the two Scalex cars are in bottom left compared to the Ninco and Fly immediately above them. You can also see it in the middle picture when seen from above

I think the Scalex cars are closer to scale than Fly, Ninco and Spirit in particular. I have a Jaguar XJS that is a little larger than the George Turner one sent to me by Phil. Munter’s cars seem spot on too  

I like the cars cars to be scale correct and Scalextric seem to be doing it reasonably well except the XW and XY Falcons which are too narrow. Phil’s resin ones looked better.