Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

Is this the definition of being bored?

I think I've modified my 50 year old Parma Turbo controller as far as I can go. 

100532399_1099113290475921_9012568526501

100679397_1099113463809237_4081514276156

The pots are from Russia so the metal frame will probably melt before they do. 

The copper wire wound around the piano wire on the left was needed as the piano wire isn't a great conductor of electricity and first tests had very poor braking. I left the piano wire on the right as it is because somehow I managed to perfectly align the universe so the power delivery is silky smooth.

Since taking the pictures I've relocated the blue wire so it's soldered further down the arm and the wire is tucked under the bicycle innertube that covers the handle.

I've also since cut off the metal ring on the left of the resistor that is used for the brakes. It isn't needed as there is a contact used for the brakes when the arm is released. You can see part of it next to where the blue wire is soldered in the first picture. The controller is much lighter without the ring. :D

Out of all my controllers this is the nicest to use, smooth power delivery and feels just right to hold. It also doubles up as a hammer.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer
  • Upvote 1

May the downforce be with you.

Here's the latest mod to mine, added a 3 position switch to bypass the brake and power resistors in case I accidently adjust them.

fetch?id=1662754&d=1591674136

Next step is to change the handle and trigger to something that "feels perfect".

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:48 PM, Sports Racer said:

"It also doubles up as a hammer."

You can never have enough hammers

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017