munter

Worldwide shipping.....what's happening, not much?

i had one come from germany to sydney, then over to perth, then to melbourne, then back to sydney and finally to me in brisbane!

cheers

As I recall, if my memory serves me correctly - the first year I entered the Tasman Cup proxy - Stubbo sent the case of entrants from Melbourne to Hobart....... after 6 days, they had not turned up, he made enquiries and a day later they located them.... in Sydney..... they had gone from Melbourne, to Adelaide, to Perth and then to Sydney....

Apparently, if a "receiving" depot cannot handle the volume - it is sent to the next one which can...... go figure... 

They did arrive in Hobart - and the series was run without further "detours".... 

frats,

Rosco

Placed my first overseas slot car order since Covid less than 7 days ago. Found a couple of cars I had been looking for and they were at the right price and in stock, seemed too good to be true. Had been looking for one of them for nearly two years, hadn't been in stock in any of the local stores. They arrived this morning from Electric Dreams in EL Segundo, California, to Sydney NSW. Everything was packed really nicely, by someone who cares by the looks of it. Jewel cases in good condition, cars look good (haven't opened the cases yet)

Just adding... shipping was a bit pricey at about US $43 but its comparatively not bad at all compared to typical shipping prices from the US these days and was offset slightly by the price of the cars. If I had only ordered one car the shipping would have been US$25.

Edited by Slotspeed
adding more info

1 hour ago, Slotspeed said:

Placed my first overseas slot car order since Covid less than 7 days ago. Found a couple of cars I had been looking for and they were at the right price and in stock, seemed too good to be true. Had been looking for one of them for nearly two years, hadn't been in stock in any of the local stores. They arrived this morning from Electric Dreams in EL Segundo, California, to Sydney NSW. Everything was packed really nicely, by someone who cares by the looks of it. Jewel cases in good condition, cars look good (haven't opened the cases yet)

Just adding... shipping was a bit pricey at about US $43 but its comparatively not bad at all compared to typical shipping prices from the US these days and was offset slightly by the price of the cars. If I had only ordered one car the shipping would have been US$25.

Electric Dreams have been fantastic, expediated supply and shipping (to get it to collected at least) then times are dependant on the USPS, airlines and other third party shippers.

Yes the package was packed superbly and extremely secure with plenty of packaging and as mentioned by someone who actually cares about successful undamaged arrival. Highly recommend Electric Dreams in EL Segundo, California

The shipping price just makes me spend that much more to make it worth the USP price gouged shipping charges so in turn the store wins with a little more income and the USPS looses a little with a bulk delivery.

Regarding shipping price, sadly this is out of everyone's hands as the USPS have hiked pricing by 100% to every country the price gouging bastards, all they are doing is making up for their lost COVID income :( :( :( 

2 hours ago, Johnno said:

Regarding shipping price, sadly this is out of everyone's hands as the USPS have hiked pricing by 100% to every country the price gouging bastards, all they are doing is making up for their lost COVID income :( :( :( 

I noticed a price hike well before Covid but wouldn't surprise me if they hiked it up again. Just a few years ago it was quite reasonable.

USPS is now dearer than Fedex - which is 3 weeks faster, is pre-cleared through customs (if required), and can be tracked.

I just paid US79 for a small parcel from Difalco of urgent items on USPS Priority post. It disappeared into Miami International sorting at the start of the month, and was found on my doorstep, not signed for; by pure chance chance yesterday afternoon - thankfully before it started to rain. Otherwise it may have sat there all night, or gone AWOL.

According to USPS it is STILL in Miami.

Meanwhile a UPS from Italy left last Thursday night Italy time (Friday 5am in NZ) , and all but one carton is here, unpacked, and backorders ready for courier pickup this afternoon.
The one that got split up on the flight from Sydney to Auckland is due in Napier depot at 2pm.

That is the fastest UPS, Fedex or other courier I have experienced since Covid began.