munter

Worldwide shipping.....what's happening, not much?

i had 2 parcels of slot car gear  arrive recently. packages were sent 18 days apart from the same vendor in Germany and by the same carrier. the first package took just short of 5 weeks.the second sent 18 days later arrived in 2 weeks! go figure.

cheers

slotmanni . comes via DHL so not cheap but is ok if you buy in big enough quantities to spread the cost. German post is not working yet though.

cheers

warrick

Edited by warrick

Ok my Decals for NSR F1's sent on 7 April from  Spain arrived safely today.

I had largely figured they were lost forever.

Very pleased, it is clearly not over until the "fat lady sings", a saying I still don't understand.

• Like 1

I’ve been getting a lot of parts for the 1:1 project I’m on at the moment. I’ve stopped buying parts from UK/EU due to the stress of hoping it will show up.

as for the US, unless it’s coming by Fedex I won’t touch it either at the moment. The stuff I’ve gotten through fedex has been arriving in days. One box of stuff came in five days ;0

• Like 1

I had a non-tracked package arrive from the UK in under 10 days. When it arrived I was like what can this be - wasn't expecting anything from the UK :)

• Like 2

Ok my Decals for NSR F1's sent on 7 April from  Spain arrived safely today.

I had largely figured they were lost forever.

A while back because of you know what, the Spanish mail system were doing what NZ Post told them to do.....to not accept mail for NZ...This was for about a month or so but things are moving well now considering.

A package of four motors to the UK recently took three weeks but another package sent earlier still hasnt arrived so it is all part of the great unknown.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

1 hour ago, dangermouse said:

I had a non-tracked package arrive from the UK in under 10 days. When it arrived I was like what can this be - wasn't expecting anything from the UK :)

I can top that - although it is "overseas domestic" !!
This morning NZ Couriers arrived at 7:30am with a small parcel from Dunedin [for Australians that's the other big island, the one with 25 million sheep, and less than a million people keeping them under control] 

I had no idea of what might be inside and there was no sender details.  The address slip was printed by REPCO and so presumably send by them - which is a kiwi chain like Supercheap Auto

Inside was something in bubble wrap."Must be really fragile I thought" 
 Inside the bubble wrap was rolled and taped foam sheeting. Very well wrapped, though the ends were open - maybe that is a clue....

Inside the foam was 50cc of free air....

airball2.jpg

I still don't know who sent a "nothing" to me with no explanation. 

Mystery solved.

Threw this up on NZ Slot Racers Facebook page and a Pitlane Club member immediately said the club Captain's wife worked at Repco.
By the time I could type a reply, said poster had rung said club Captain, who was on the phone telling me the item he intended to send, was safely rattling around in his very embarrassed wife's handbag.
They have their next club perpetual joke. :D

Glad you got that sorted out Mark.

For a while i wondering whether 'the authorities' may have impounded some 'threaded seeds' that were on their way to you.

Den

• Like 1

Post to Oz still seems pretty slow. Have had 2 x 2 week and one by 3 week ago sent parcels not yet at customers this week.
None of these were Victoria either. SA, Tassie and Queensland.

All fairly innocuous small parts etc. 
Seems a lot of folk don't understand the issue postal services are facing, with so few commercial jets in the air to carry the postal offerings as freight.

Meanwhile, back on the farm formerly known as US of A,  they have whacked through yet another increase on the price of 20lb boxes in all 3 sizes. 
We are now paying roughly double what was were paying 4-5 years ago.
If I order more than 40lb of track braid, it is now cheaper to send it Fedex or UPS than US Postal.

8 days from placing order in the UK until delivery in Napier, NZ. 

Normal service has resumed, on a good day.

Some packages from Aussie are slower, especially Melbourne..

Edited by Pedro51
Auto correct.
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 7:11 AM, Pedro51 said:

Some packages from Aussie are slower, especially Melbourne..

I think it is just a Melbourne thing at the moment, I placed an order from the UK on 22/8 and it turned up yesterday 8/10 at 8pm.

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life, it's just too intelligent to come here."  Arthur C. Clarke

Social Media - The Internets sewer

I posted a package to the US on September 24 and it arrived today.... wonders never cease.

John Warren

Spain still doesn't seem to be shipping to Australia :wacko: I am chasing some decals and can't get them :angry::angry:

Edited by dangermouse

Spain still doesn't seem to be shipping to Australia 

They seem to be shipping to NZ so ask them to try again.

NZ Post!!!~!!~~! I just posted a bag(16) of wheel inserts to NSW in a cardboard box 200 x 130 x 80mm.....weight 101grams....and the cost was $NZ15....talk about a rort!

John Warren

I just had UPS from Canada in 6 days, and 20lb boxes from DSA  (Divided States of America) in 27 days.
The 20lb boxes were about a week slower than pre-covid, that's not too bad given the severe lack of flights.
I am repeating the same orders this week, plus a 5lb box from a different part of DSA, so we'll see what happens next month.

21 hours ago, munter said:

NZ Post!!!~!!~~! I just posted a bag(16) of wheel inserts to NSW in a cardboard box 200 x 130 x 80mm.....weight 101grams....and the cost was $NZ15....talk about a rort!

You have to give up going into the shop mate. Do it online.  
- I did 4 of between 80 and 150 grams a couple of weeks back, same price on all of them. $10.39 without discount.
I get a 5% discount, so up to 200 grams is $9.87
payandprint.jpg

I've had a few parcels arrive from the US to Aus within 2 weeks of ordering which I think is pretty good considering all that's going on with covid. Problem is when it gets to Australia. I had 1 parcel that took a further 3 weeks to get to me. There is still 1 parcel floating around the Auspost vacuum somewhere that arrived in Aus on Sept 12. 

The UK has been pretty good as well with a package arriving in 8 days! Then Auspost taking 2 weeks to get it to me.

I'm still waiting for something to get posted in Japan. I ordered it in June! The seller says it's because of the problems with the postal service in Japan and he doesn't want to lose the package?????? He says he can get the parcel to me within 7 days if I pay another US$27 to mail it via some company with connections to USPS. WTF

Did an experiment with Slot Car Corner to assess shipping options. Small parcel sent 1st Class International ( the cheaper option ) picked up from New Hampshire Sept 26th, with Tracking all the way..

After a bit of shuffling around various postal depots, the parcel flew out of New York Oct 5. Departed Sydney ( ? ) Oct 9, Processed through another facility 'Australia' Oct 13th - delivered to my house ( well, shoved in the letter box ) Oct 19th - so just over 3 weeks for 'economy' shipping, a good chunk of which was spent going from one side of Sydney to another...

If you want to play along at home, it's Tracking Number is LZ680042989US - in the USPS system...

Could be a lot worse.....

• Like 1

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?