Worldwide shipping.....what's happening, not much?

munter

Well finally got notification that my parcel that was dispatched via USPS Priority Mail International on 28 March 2020 has finally arrived in Sydney on the 28 May 2020 and is awaiting clearance. A smidge over two months, certainly wouldn't call this Priority Mail... bloody China and their virus.

Woohoo!! Thanks Steve at Slot Car Corner.

Slot-Car-Corner-Special-Router-Bit-for-1

SlotCarCorner Special Router Bit for 14'' Braid

Slot-Car-Corner-Straight-Cut-Router-Bit-

SlotCarCorner Straight Cut Router Bit - 18 (For Cutting Track Slot)

Edited by Johnno
Images and General Update

Hey DM, for me i got two Porsche Carrera 6's, the black 62 Corvette, the yellow e-type and d124 basf bmw m1. Piggy backed onto my order my friend got a Porsche Carrera 6, white and red road 62 Corvette and the d124 Nurburgring bmw m1. I received from Qld last week via Mark at ozslotcars on eBay the blue 62 Corvette and wow it's fun at 14v, real proof you don't need huge power to enjoy your track time. Eventually I'll be able to race her against her stable mates.

Positive news from you Johnno, it's concerning to see so many orders taking longer than normal but still in what i would call 'reasonable' time, ie 1 month, yet mine is now at 10 weeks.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

• 2 weeks later...

I just had post to Germany - 4 weeks arrived yesterday..  Posted same time to UK, no word yet
DHL Courier from southern China - 5 days
Chronopost / DHL Courier from France - 13 days
Post from USA - no word after 4 weeks.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Had an order from Pendleslot sent on the 15th of May and arrived on the 30th. 

Also an order from Olifer posted on the 22nd of May and arrived on the 2nd of June. 

Hit for me and a miss for others it seems. Now let’s see how Munter’s come through. 

79 days since the last tracking update and it has finally reached Sydney, what a relief! It's not the waiting, it's the uncertainty. I'm highly unlikely to be ordering or selling internationally until full resumption of air travel after this experience, so that's a win for the domestic market.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.   

I sent 2 airmail (letter sized) items to the UK on 27th  March and 1 has arrived .. on the 1st June. The other one is gone , somewhere ! As it was caught up in the first of the Covid 19 lockdowns we experienced at the start of April it seems it may be buried in a ton of other backlog post, hopefully to arrive soon. <_<

I am currently tracking a parcel I posted to SA on the 10th . Lets see how long it will take AustPost to get the item there.  Remembering that they are still under Covid 19 rules. 

Edited by mirrorman

I placed an order for a scratchbuiilders jig from Michigan... it was picked up pretty pronto by USPost..... I have been tracking it... went well, until it got to the international dispatch area... and it's been stuck "in transit" since arriving there on 20 May.... may be here by Christmas.... this year.... 

frats,

Rosco

My order from the states  arrived after 3 weeks the postage had increased by £6-45 when i ordered it, and i was quite pleased it got here as it had also passed through our B  customs who stuck another £17-50p on it for VAT and handling charge , ouch.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, slotmadmac said:

Local couriers have also been under considerable pressure. This Revell Cortina I couriered to a customer last week came under considerable pressure too. 

6eR5XqYl.jpg

That's astonishing.....is that body completely cracked through above the rear wheel arch ?

• Like 1

I was pleased to hear from a customer in the UK  who received a package yesterday (15June) that I sent on May 4.....is that six weeks?

It was a valuable one too so was pretty happy that it has arrived.

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality