Worldwide shipping.....what's happening, not much?

munter

As I recall, if my memory serves me correctly - the first year I entered the Tasman Cup proxy - Stubbo sent the case of entrants from Melbourne to Hobart....... after 6 days, they had not turned up, he made enquiries and a day later they located them.... in Sydney..... they had gone from Melbourne, to Adelaide, to Perth and then to Sydney....

Apparently, if a "receiving" depot cannot handle the volume - it is sent to the next one which can...... go figure... 

They did arrive in Hobart - and the series was run without further "detours".... 

frats,

Rosco

Placed my first overseas slot car order since Covid less than 7 days ago. Found a couple of cars I had been looking for and they were at the right price and in stock, seemed too good to be true. Had been looking for one of them for nearly two years, hadn't been in stock in any of the local stores. They arrived this morning from Electric Dreams in EL Segundo, California, to Sydney NSW. Everything was packed really nicely, by someone who cares by the looks of it. Jewel cases in good condition, cars look good (haven't opened the cases yet)

Just adding... shipping was a bit pricey at about US $43 but its comparatively not bad at all compared to typical shipping prices from the US these days and was offset slightly by the price of the cars. If I had only ordered one car the shipping would have been US$25.

Edited by Slotspeed
adding more info

1 hour ago, Slotspeed said:

Placed my first overseas slot car order since Covid less than 7 days ago. Found a couple of cars I had been looking for and they were at the right price and in stock, seemed too good to be true. Had been looking for one of them for nearly two years, hadn't been in stock in any of the local stores. They arrived this morning from Electric Dreams in EL Segundo, California, to Sydney NSW. Everything was packed really nicely, by someone who cares by the looks of it. Jewel cases in good condition, cars look good (haven't opened the cases yet)

Just adding... shipping was a bit pricey at about US $43 but its comparatively not bad at all compared to typical shipping prices from the US these days and was offset slightly by the price of the cars. If I had only ordered one car the shipping would have been US$25.

Electric Dreams have been fantastic, expediated supply and shipping (to get it to collected at least) then times are dependant on the USPS, airlines and other third party shippers.

Yes the package was packed superbly and extremely secure with plenty of packaging and as mentioned by someone who actually cares about successful undamaged arrival. Highly recommend Electric Dreams in EL Segundo, California

The shipping price just makes me spend that much more to make it worth the USP price gouged shipping charges so in turn the store wins with a little more income and the USPS looses a little with a bulk delivery.

Regarding shipping price, sadly this is out of everyone's hands as the USPS have hiked pricing by 100% to every country the price gouging bastards, all they are doing is making up for their lost COVID income :( :( :( 

2 hours ago, Johnno said:

Regarding shipping price, sadly this is out of everyone's hands as the USPS have hiked pricing by 100% to every country the price gouging bastards, all they are doing is making up for their lost COVID income :( :( :( 

I noticed a price hike well before Covid but wouldn't surprise me if they hiked it up again. Just a few years ago it was quite reasonable.

USPS is now dearer than Fedex - which is 3 weeks faster, is pre-cleared through customs (if required), and can be tracked.

I just paid US79 for a small parcel from Difalco of urgent items on USPS Priority post. It disappeared into Miami International sorting at the start of the month, and was found on my doorstep, not signed for; by pure chance chance yesterday afternoon - thankfully before it started to rain. Otherwise it may have sat there all night, or gone AWOL.

According to USPS it is STILL in Miami.

Meanwhile a UPS from Italy left last Thursday night Italy time (Friday 5am in NZ) , and all but one carton is here, unpacked, and backorders ready for courier pickup this afternoon.
The one that got split up on the flight from Sydney to Auckland is due in Napier depot at 2pm.

That is the fastest UPS, Fedex or other courier I have experienced since Covid began. 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have now ordered three new Badger airbrushes.... through Amazon.com...this way, you seem to dodge the terrible taxes and shipping fees.

Strangely, they are going to arrive in reverse order to what was purchased... I have just been informed that the first one has now been shipped and not expected for delivery until early February... the last one I purchased is due to arrive 5th January... 

I do appreciate that stock may not be readily on hand to ship through their international outlet.... but I also understand that when the orders were placed, the delivery dates were a lot earlier than now forecast... 

As long as they get here - I'll be happy.... 

frats,

Rosco

Fedex from a small town in northern Spain, left there on our night of the 29th (Monday). Just arrived in Singapore via Dubai, so will hit Sydney tomorrow, and due in our regional location next Wednesday. 

A Fedex from Michigan, left 5th December, arrived here the 16th. [ I somehow avoided a 2 week Fedex shutdown within USA during December, due to a freight backlog.]
A USPS from Florida,  left 15th December, passed through Florida sorting the next day, no further updates. 

An EMS out of China early December, took 8 days.... not bad at Christmas.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this on the Professor Motor site this morning.
It confirms my suspicions - USPS have just giving up on scanning, and "Priority" takes less priority than no priority.

Maybe the new regime will increase funding to USPS, after vaccinating all their staff, and they will someday catch up....
My Parcel from Miami that left 16th December is still somewhere in a mountain of mail..... maybe it will reach NZ by end of January.

JUST BE AWARE ANY SHIPPING IS VERY DELAYED AT POST OFFICE, UPS AND FEDEX ! NOTHING WE CAN DO AT OUR END TO HELP THE ISSUE UNFORTUNATELY
- PLEASE BE PATIENT IS ALL WE CAN SUGGEST - PRIORITY USPS PACKAGES MAY TAKE LONGER BECAUSE THOSE ALL GO TO DETROIT FOR SORTING - SO IF UNDER 16 OZ. USE 1ST CLASS FOR FASTER SERVICE - TRACKING INFO IS USELESS UNFORTUNATELY SINCE USPS RARELY SCANS PACKAGES IN TRANSIT - ALSO THERE IS NO SUCH "PRIORITY 2 DAY" - IT DOES NOT EXIST

I have ordered four airbrushes in separate orders through Amazon.... three of them have arrived safely. All orders have been from the US.

Strangely, two were sent through USPS and arrived very quickly indeed - within 10 days, both on the same day as separate packages.

The third was the first ordered and came in at 19 days through Fastway... the fourth, again another Fastway order - is supposed to arrive here on 29th Jan..... all orders were placed within a week of each other... 

It would seem, Fastway is not as the name might suggest... 

I also ordered some "Redgab" (name reversed is Badger) "needle juice"... it has taken the longest of all - it was ordered before the airbrushes and arrived yesterday - from the US, and to my home via AusPost...

I have a package of axle and gear sets for a locomotive coming as well from the US... still hasn't been shipped, order placed two weeks back.

frats,

Rosco

Well beggar me.

Sent a parcel of tools  to NSW last Tuesday, just got an email 9am Oz time, thanking me for good service . . .  8 days..... Best I've seen since the start of Covid

1 hour ago, Shaynus said:

Must be nice to get a 'thank you'. I would imagine most correspondence would be 'where is my stuff?' , which is out of your hands

Indeed it is, - I do get a few actually, makes you feel its all worthwhile.

Sometimes there is an additional  adjective in the questions, usually beginning with B of F.  
I am impressed with the linguistic breadth of some...... :lol: :lol: :lol: 
But for all that, I haven't had to file a claim for lost goods here or overseas right through Covid. Everything has eventually rocked up at destination.
Wish the same could be said for my EBay and Alibaba stuff (Maybe Xi has Jack Ma personally sorting for export....... :lol: :lol: :lol:  ) 

Sent a parcel of tools  to NSW last Tuesday, just got an email 9am Oz time, thanking me for good service . . .  8 days..

Had a couple of fast ones to Australia, myself. Someone must be trying harder.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

All my US orders have now arrived.. no complaints.

However, I was offered a 2 month free trial of Amazon prime, which I took.... and shipping was express and free... 

All arrived safely, but I can't explain why two of the six packages came via Fastway - and the others came via AusPost... 

The last package arrived today - two packs of model locomotive axle gear sets.. AusPost.

I have two more to come, one from a forum member here who is kindly sending me a couple of things.. and a Tamiya pack of the three polishing compounds plus rubbing pads and polishing cloths ($35 AUS, shipped if anyone is intersted).

frats,

Rosco

Fastway is owned by Australia Post now, just another million dollar decision and purchase that the Australian government pen pushers made without consulting with the people of Australia.

The irony behind all this expenditure is that Australia Post have turned around and whinged about suffering massive losses, so in turn they have increase the prices of postage for letter stamps, which has continuously increased since and implemented quadruple dipping with other bulky and large parcel charges, they (Oz Post) now charge four items on one parcel, this being:

1. Postcode of Origin, 
  2. Postcode of Destination, 
  3. Weight, and 
  4. cubic cm measurements

Hi all.

Fastways in NZ is now owned by ARAMEX. Note sure who they are. They provide a good service as Fastway did previously.

NZ Post is similar to AusPost by the sound of it. When they had some competition they reduced their prices to compete but since competition changed to a mainly commercial service they have consistently raised prices and reduced service so letter post has all but disappeared. Meantime package post is running hot for them and competitors. They blame the internet but their pricing policy is just as much to blame.

The last package I got from USA/Slot Car Centre came Fedex but took several months instead of usual 2 weeks. Hopefully things have settled down a bit now.

Regards Chas Le Breton

• Upvote 1

Order from Black Arrow (Spain)

Shipped 20/01/21

Received 27/01/21