Worldwide shipping.....what's happening, not much?

munter

I had a US Postal service 20lb Medium box turn up from USA today. Roughly 7 weeks transit instead of 2-3

Glad it is here....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

On 5/30/2020 at 1:01 PM, Wobble said:

Armchair have a Scaley Camaro on special at the moment that I've not been able to find anywhere in NZ and so I've hit the go button on it today. It's only over the ditch so let's see how this goes.

and it arrived today so I'm happy. OK so I had to give them a bit more dosh to have it sent by Express which meant it came by air but the regular price would have meant it came by sea.

Seems like Corona has pretty much turned the clock back half a century+.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

18 minutes ago, rosco01 said:

wind blows from the west, Bram... wind full on into filling the sails.....  be different if you'd been sending stuff back this side of the ditch (sic).

frats,

Rosco

Oh no ... I didn't say one and a half centuries

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Ok folk, update.... my package from Michigan, US arrived today 23rd June.

It arrived at Australia Post on 9th June.... it is AP which held the package up in my instance.

I have my scratchbuilder's jig and also the wire bender, plus three sets of wheel blocks and also three different sized replacement pins.

Pretty happy - just glad it got here.

frats,

Rosco

Now let’s see how Munter’s come through. 

Sending and receiving seems to be happening for me although mostly delivery times are twice what they were pre covid.....although NZ to Aus to NZ seems to be improving slightly.

I have received a body kit purchased from ebay UK on 13April, it arrived 20th June.....I had sort of given up on it so I am happy but....

....a mini drill press I purchased on 17th January has not arrived.....must have been on the ghost ship that sank.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I just had one a bit slower than average - 17 days to NSW from NZ. Still variable to Oz.

Then again, I just had 8 days by Fedex from Spain, whereas I had 14 days to arrival last week from France also by Fedex with completely different routing through Europe, and one went HK, and went Singapore. The Singapore one was the faster at 8 days, despite one courier agency here telling me to avoid Singapore routing if possible as there is a huge backlog there......
Both cases ended up passing through Oz, one through NSW, one through Victoria

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Well it would appear the USPS are actively working on moving packages about, below is the history for one package from Carrera, with the earliest at the bottom and the latest update at the top.

June 27, 2020, 12:22 pm
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in O'HARE INTERNATIONAL, CHICAGO, UNITED STATES on June 27, 2020 at 12:22 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
June 27, 2020, 4:52 am
Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
June 26, 2020, 7:29 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
June 26, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
June 25, 2020, 5:17 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Arrived at Regional Facility
June 23, 2020, 9:06 pm
Departed USPS Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131 
June 23, 2020, 9:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131 
June 23, 2020, 5:02 pm
Departed Post Office
BUFFALO, MN 55313 
June 23, 2020, 2:16 pm
USPS picked up item
BUFFALO, MN 55313 
June 22, 2020, 8:40 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BUFFALO, MN 55313 

On 6/29/2020 at 8:36 PM, Johnno said:

Well it would appear the USPS are actively working on moving packages about, below is the history for one package from Carrera, with the earliest at the bottom and the latest update at the top.

June 27, 2020, 12:22 pm
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in O'HARE INTERNATIONAL, CHICAGO, UNITED STATES on June 27, 2020 at 12:22 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
June 27, 2020, 4:52 am
Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
June 26, 2020, 7:29 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
June 26, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Arrived at Regional Facility
June 23, 2020, 9:06 pm
Departed USPS Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131 
June 23, 2020, 9:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131 
June 23, 2020, 5:02 pm
Departed Post Office
BUFFALO, MN 55313 
June 23, 2020, 2:16 pm
USPS picked up item
BUFFALO, MN 55313 
June 22, 2020, 8:40 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BUFFALO, MN 55313 

Well, surprise, surprise.. my parcel from Carrera arrived 40 minutes ago. Got to say that is damn fast and so much better than what happened with the Slotcar Corner parcel, which eventually arrived (that was not Slotcar Corner's fault, it was the USPS at fault there)

So June 22 posted to completed delivery July 07 a total of ten days, absolutely wow

Well done USPS about time you got your act together, I wonder if that would have anything to do with Insurance Claims lodged against them for non-delivery and not supplying the services to which they have charged for, I know I claimed against them and got my freight charges reimbursed 100%, hopefully lessons learnt at the USPS

1-32-1-24-Accessories-for-Tire-Razor-Slo

Edited by Johnno
Added collage of the 1:32 & 1:24 Accessories for Tire Razor Slotcar Tire Truer TR132WB

Not as bad as feared.... Posted a Proxy Car to the States on 01.07.20, delivered on 15.07.20...Standard AUD $21- postage with Tracking.... Was told to allow 3-4weeks, got there in 2....

Happy Days !

Cheers, Tony.

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

• 3 weeks later...

Still about 2 weeks to NSW and Tassie. Haven't sent anything across to Melbourne lately.

I sent one upgraded to EMS courier method to Sydney yesterday, will be interesting to see how long that takes. Johnny will let me know.

The deadline for cars to be posted to me for the Touring Car Proxy was 20 July. All the entrants cars have been delivered and that includes cars from UK, Canada and USA so postal services are getting back to normal.

The $5 tool I ordered off eBay in February was delivered yesterday, from China so that's normal too.

May the downforce be with you.

Perhaps this is not an indication of worldwide trends but Australasia-wide delivery tines are not too bad from my experience.

Parcel posted in Napier on August 14 was ready for collection in Launceston, Tasmania, on August 28 ... just 14 days, of which 5 or 6 days were shown as 'In Transit With Airline' between Auckland and Melbourne. The stork obviously encountered westerly winds!

Package included 3DP items from BIngo which I will review for the Forum, but on first look I am very pleased with my purchase.

Den