FuglyCool - build a wild ride competition.

Top effort Crockett. If that Widow had wings and a jet engine it could have been a contender. 

Regardless, there's not long to go now. There was a lot of talk of other builds but only a brave few fronted and I'm instructing The Great Munter to close off entries at the end of June so the winner will be announced early July. I think it's clear that MetroJet is a clear leader at the moment, and when I inevitably win, I will be humble and gracious to the losers I left in my wake.  

Podiums are for short people.

1 hour ago, ZeGas said:

Is this a slot car?

Hi ZeGas  sure is - in complete accordance with the rules.  B)

It actually goes real well.  The rear wheels & tyres are from a Tamyia Mini SUV  (thanks SlotsNZ) and the rubber grips surprisingly well.  

GAA3tQpl.jpg

This is the only chassis pic I have to hand.  Max & front inserts are ex Munterwerks...  

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

23 hours ago, Capri-corn7 said:

Hi ZeGas  sure is - in complete accordance with the rules.  B)

It actually goes real well.  The rear wheels & tyres are from a Tamyia Mini SUV  (thanks SlotsNZ) and the rubber grips surprisingly well.  

GAA3tQpl.jpg

This is the only chassis pic I have to hand.  Max & front inserts are ex Munterwerks...  

Bloody Awesome

I have made my decision and raise the arms of Capricorn and Crockett in victorious might as FuglyCool dual winners.

Congratulations to both of you on your world class builds.

The high master of FuglyCool will be along shortly.....oh yea, oh yea, hey nonny nay.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Despite my unrelenting ego being slapped into touch, and MetroJet being relegated to a mere 'also flew' , I want to add my congratulations to Crockett and Pat. Brilliant job boys. You've both done the Bay proud and I will have to work out prizes for you both seeing as there was only one Sideways car up for grabs. 

Thanks also to The Great Munter for his sharp judgement and sharper one liners. As the saying goes 'if you're going to be a bastard, you may as well be a good one '

It was a shame we didn't get more entries but that's 2020 FuglyCool done and dusted. Thank you lInesmen. Thank you ballboys. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

Despite my unrelenting ego being slapped into touch, and MetroJet being relegated to a mere 'also flew' , I want to add my congratulations to Crockett and Pat. Brilliant job boys. You've both done the Bay proud and I will have to work out prizes for you both seeing as there was only one Sideways car up for grabs. 

Thanks also to The Great Munter for his sharp judgement and sharper one liners. As the saying goes 'if you're going to be a bastard, you may as well be a good one '

It was a shame we didn't get more entries but that's 2020 FuglyCool done and dusted. Thank you lInesmen. Thank you ballboys. 

Mac, how do you think I feel, my unstarted project didn't even rate a mention.

Well done C & C both excellent, but I would, only just mind you, have picked the Capricorns Camaro, Dave's is way cool and awesome work, but Cappers has that ugly look to it, I hate the guns and the trap door on the roof, that makes the ugly factor for me, along with the oversized wheels at the rear making it look like a whacky races car.

A very generous offer from Pat will see the Sideways BMW - the original FuglyCool prize - go to Crockett for the BlackWidow Torana. I’ll fix Pat up with some vino. Happy days. 

Edited by slotmadmac

Thanks Mac for hosting this competition and thanks to Munter for judging and also thanks to Pat for your generous act of kindness

The blackwidow Torana took a lot of work but it is the type of build  that I love doing

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Cheers Crockett & congrats.  I love how our similar ideas went in completely different directions.  Awesome build.

& thanks Munter for you kind words & thanks Mac for your generosity & for putting on another crazy build-off.  Really enjoyed it.

But we all know you are a Top Gun in our eyes...

MCr7CQxl.png

Edited by Capri-corn7
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Well, the FuglyCool winners fronted on a bitterly cold night to do a few parade laps in front of a drooling audience who a) marvelled at the skill and creative genius behind these two extraordinary builds and b) wondered how they beat the sheer magnificence of the mighty MetroJET to take out top honours. 

As an unbiased observer, I can tell you that these beauties are much, much better in the flesh than the pix on this forum suggest:

TulQt0Ml.jpg   

o0RhjU1l.jpg

MZw24nTl.jpg

...and though neither of them had wings or a jet engine, it was an absolute joy seeing them circulate on my track.

As always, winners are grinners...

8W29CuJl.jpg

Perhaps, on reflection, I now understand why Munter gave these builds the nod. Both cars are ridiculously cool. But those builders??? Maybe that's where the Fugly came into play. B) 

Thanks again to everyone who has enjoyed this thread. It's game over. You can both stop clapping and sit down now. 

Edited by slotmadmac
  • Like 2