slotmadmac

FuglyCool - build a wild ride competition.

33 minutes ago, ZeGas said:

Almost all entrants have some form of wheel arch, as if that makes a vehicle ugly.

I’m banking on it. Munter hates wheel arches. Mind you, Munter hates almost everything. 

Podiums are for short people.

Having seen whats posted so far my judgemental attitudes have started to swirl....there are some cool and fugly but geez arches, wings, really they are so passe.

I think the current leading light is the resin zombie Astin Marton....I'm favouring that...it is more about what is not there than what is.

Some formal proxy events talk about not seeing any chassis but I dont think that is necessary here.....

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

2 hours ago, munter said:

I think the current leading light is the resin zombie Astin Marton....

Aw geez Munter, why'd ya have to go and say a thing like that, now I might have to make some kinda effort, and it started of such a lovely day too.

Oh well.

Now where'd I put me Jackson Pollock paint brush kit.

• Like 1

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Resin heads in cahoots........

• Like 1

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

8 minutes ago, j2theK said:

Resin heads in cahoots........

100%. I can deal with that but I can’t deal with fat arches and rear wings being labelled passé. Fat arches aren’t passé. Sdeamon, for one, is obsessed with them. 

1 hour ago, slotmadmac said:

Fat arches aren’t passé. Sdeamon, for one, is obsessed with them. 

Yeah, I'm obsessed with them too. My wife has fat … oh … you said "arches".

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

22 hours ago, ZeGas said:

Yeah sorry, was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment.

Almost all entrants have some form of wheel arch, as if that makes a vehicle ugly.

I don't get that either, putting wheel arches on a car usually makes them look better and cooler.

Some of my favorite cars are the Group 5 Sports Cars, Sports Sedans or the Group C Touring Cars, all cool cars but far from fugly.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually come to believe it." Joseph Goebbels

1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.

No big fat arches going on my build, just big fat wheels going at it in the nude

No big spoilers either. Big ass rat motor though

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Just winding you up sdeamon. If you’re on a thread called FuglyCool, everyone’s a target. 
If you want those arches have a google for Amato slot cars; he sells them. Post your build here when you’re done. Don’t worry about Munter’s anti-arch tendencies. He’s a munter after all. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, I am your arch enemy.

• Upvote 2

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

:wacko: groan

Edited by ZeGas

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

52 minutes ago, munter said:

arch enemy

that's gotta be worth a click on the 'upvote' icon as an alternative to the little 'heart' icon which I don't like

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

My Cortina is almost done and it's looking good. A little too good; it has to be said. As someone who naturally exudes coolness from every pore, I have clearly found that the Fugly side of things just don't come easily to me. I know it's not in contention for FuglyCool honours. The ResinGod has made that clear.

I'll post a pic of my CortinA tomorrow but I know I need a new contender and I have dug deep for my next build. I know that's got you hapless mongrels worried and I know you want to know. So, the thing is

Bv5N0Gbl.jpg 

You know, it used to be said "That man has far too much time on his hands", unfortunately that seems to be the trend lately so that statement has lost its oomph.

Well done that man.

Cheers Grant

Ha ha! Love it! :D Your call sign could be "Metric" - a combination Metro and Maverick from Topgun

Make sure you have really short gearing to get off the line quick because once in front you'll never get passed!

Well, I feel like my Fugly game is strong now. It's the cool side of MetroJET that worries me...

On the other hand I know this is cool: 

XKhpczzl.jpg

UV7QHnGl.jpg

Fe0tZzPl.jpg

Goes sweet too. Alloys all round. Amato Chassis. Slot it pod / gears. 

• Like 1

The cortina is cool with a touch of fugly

The metro is just fugly, put that one back in the box and stick with the cortina

Got to spend a little bit of time on my build this arvo and I have the chassis together was bit more of a mission than I thought it would be but that is the hard part done and out of the way, on to the details

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.