FuglyCool - build a wild ride competition.

10 hours ago, Shaynus said:

Mskx3nm.jpg

4X2qHPh.jpg

This is my 3D printed "flat packed" rat rod. Based on an old SCX F1 chassis so the front wheels steer

49927461361_51f8f875c2_c.jpg

49927761717_9b824bacf3_c.jpg

Leave the bonnet off and find a bigarse motor, 24th scale would do, for the front

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

My old VW Group 5 van

26239683_1952516561428737_8807602353428628230_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=9Pyr1KM_0IwAX9sFEl0&_nc_ht=scontent.fhlz3-1.fna&oh=8e4188b4ee7a159fb74ae2e886d497d6&oe=5EEDE3F1

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

On 5/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, slotmadmac said:

1. FuglyCool cars must be based on 1/32 RTR body and plastic chassis, and

Mac, I'd like to have a crack but I do have a problem with your 1st rule.

a) Does the chassis have to be the original or original replacement eg Shapeways or can it be a modified chassis originally from a different model?

b) I've read a bit about popsicle stick chassis' lately and would like to have a crack at one of those. Would that be acceptable?

c) I've read a bit about 2 motors in a car recently, which I think is a pretty cool idea, and I'd like to have a crack at that too. Is that acceptable?

You might've guessed I'm a stickler for the rules …. unless I can bend them so what do you think?

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

3 hours ago, Wobble said:

Mac, I'd like to have a crack but I do have a problem with your 1st rule.

a) Does the chassis have to be the original or original replacement eg Shapeways or can it be a modified chassis originally from a different model?

b) I've read a bit about popsicle stick chassis' lately and would like to have a crack at one of those. Would that be acceptable?

c) I've read a bit about 2 motors in a car recently, which I think is a pretty cool idea, and I'd like to have a crack at that too. Is that acceptable?

You might've guessed I'm a stickler for the rules …. unless I can bend them so what do you think?

Popsicle sticks? Modified chassis? Shapeways / aftermarket chassis? 2 motors? Sure.

I have kicked off and the Cortona is sitting here:

AePUcn3l.jpg

• Like 1

Podiums are for short people.

I was struggling to find a suitable donor car but then I got a lead on a bit of a barn find.

LmSm80Ol.jpg

Needed a bit of hand dragging her out of the container.

AUFf0A0l.jpg

She's pretty rough.

I6I8spJl.jpg

No motor, rot in the pillars....   Not sure what direction this old girl will head??

Lf6xjWDl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Love the storyboard Pat. The competition is heating up. 
Hard to imagine what is going on in Wobble’s mind at the moment but, if you need to reach out brother, we’re here for you. You can get through this. 

Podiums are for short people.

6 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

Love the storyboard Pat. The competition is heating up. 
Hard to imagine what is going on in Wobble’s mind at the moment but, if you need to reach out brother, we’re here for you. You can get through this. 

Yeah, hard to imagine, wish I knew what is lurking in there. The stiff competition are always Dave and Pat and they've got the cool side sewn up.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

5 hours ago, Wobble said:

Yeah, hard to imagine, wish I knew what is lurking in there. The stiff competition are always Dave and Pat and they've got the cool side sewn up.

Dont forget the judge in the equation....he is some weird old dude from up the east coast.

People say he is pretty grumpy too.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality