charlesx

WRP/OZ Rally 2021

Hi Ontheflipside, Phil and all.

Looking forward  to hearing more about this event when you have decided on the format for next year.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

hoping this event continues

I'm interested

that is if you guys don't mind being BEHIND the gravy boat ;)

Hi Leo think there was talk before the virus of looking at some sections of each rally and putting them together , possibly might depend on interest in the current WRP.

i am interested if any french rally car are selectable. 

still the idea to keep it as close as possible to stock or are we going to tuning? if the second, i would advise to have a fix choice of motor, my first proposal, the old slot it orange belt 23k. Plenty around and nobody use them as the new darker orange are more powerful.

We really do live in difficult times folks, don't we?

Most countries have or have had some form of lockdown.

In the Isle of Man we had a lockdown initially but we are now able to live our lives "normally" and mix freely.

We have had our borders closed to all but essential inwards travel since late March. This has meant that we have only seen cases here in recent weeks in those that have been to the UK(which is now in lockdown again) and returned home here, or in their family or close contacts. There has been no other community spread of cases. We have been allowed to meet to race slot cars from mid-summer.

It's very hard to organise a world-wide series with the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape, which I think most of us will acknowledge. 

However, I'd be in favour of trying to stage something, if it is deemed possible within prevailing restrictions, and would be happy to enter and do what I can to assist.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Adelaide is going to full lock down for 6 days... i am spending more time tuning car on the bench than i ever done in the last few years! the only thing i miss is a track, only have a carrera evo. Guys, stay safe and take care of your family.

still interested in some feedback on this:

still the idea to keep it as close as possible to stock or are we going to tuning? if the second, i would advise to have a fix choice of motor, my first proposal, the old slot it orange belt 23k. Plenty around and nobody use them as the new darker orange are more powerful.

Edited by curef99

I think that a  World Series is not realistic in the foreseeable future, but a Single Venue which can access a few layouts could be appealing similar to the current Wales(UK) based event.  Scotland is a bit difficult right now so not feasible.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Agree with Leo on the main point, was thinking we could possibly run the cars we have been using for the last couple of times in the WRP again , we all have them and most i expect would only need a set of new braids and MJK's, you would have to find out about venues and logically there would not be that many real rally tracks so there would have to be acceptance of race  circuits in the mix.

At the moment there is a proxy series going on in the land of OZ for touring type cars , perhaps some one down under might be able to work something out similar for rally cars, also you would have to find out first what sort of interest there would be before even thinking about it.

The way this pandemick is going around the world there seems to be no early end to it , the experts ? are of the opinion that a vaccine MIGHT be available for all round about the summer/ autumn of 2021, but like all experts they all disagree, so as things stand the only possible way of doing it in my opinion would be a one nation approach, which would be basically Australia if someone would take it on , they do have the tracks and more into rally proxies than most , but.

Hi guys

It potentially would be possible to stage several rounds in the Isle of Man next year, if the current situation of no community-transmitted COVID-19 continues. We are able to freely travel and mix within the Island and the Club runs weekly race sessions.

I cannot speak for the Manx Slot Car Club, as although I am a member, I am no longer an officer of the Club, but there are currently 7 routed wooden rally tracks in private houses here, plus one at the Club. I will be building another in the New Year. All these can be run in reverse too, to the best of my knowledge.

I am sure there would be no problem in us finding the time to do our bit for a series, if that helps.

Sadly, Barbs is now permanently in a care home, as a result of her dementia, but it does mean I am able to pursue this hobby more readily.

Cheers

Dave