Sign in to follow this  
miveson

eBay Covid Beware

Well as many of you are aware I've been slowly selling off the collection and well postage out of Australia overseas has been severely impacted, I've posted about 10+ items in the last month to Europe and had a case opened up by a buyer who said they hadn't received their item.

Tracking details basically say it's in transit, however buyer said there hadn't been an update for close to 5 weeks (which is true).

eBay then took great pleasure in refunding the buyer and ruling in their favour

I was like WTF how can you refund when all parcels out of Australia are severely impacted, most are now actually going via seaMail, for some reason my items that I sent on the 7th April hasn't had an update at all.

I'm going to pull all my international postage options from my lists..... pretty annoyed to be honest as I know the car will end up being delivered to the buyer who will say oh look a free car.

Grrrrrrrr

My sympathies...

I have been posting some body kits and parts internationally in the last week....goodness knows when they will arrive in the US and UK.

I did make a purchase from a private individual one month ago which arrived today.

Also I am trying to purchase a vintage set of five cars from a seller in Vancouver but the shipping options from there are expensive and slow ie surface mail $67Canadian or $153 Canadian for airmail....difficult times.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I'm rather bemused and outright annoyed in all honesty, probably more because I have another case open for a parcel to Italy for $400 and in total the Overseas items probably come to about $2,500 in total so would be incensed to see those get raised as cases and rule in favour. I'm an honest seller who has done nothing wrong, I packed and posted all the items and sent them.

Actually it doesn't help as I'm slowly losing faith in Auspost, ordered that beautiful Revoslot Apple Black porsche from Armchair and it was sent to my PO Box, for some reason it was scanned at the Post Office in another suburb and flagged for pickup. Firstly it's the wrong address so that's an error and then it's not there for pickup, hmmmmm, I suspect that my parcel is going to get lost..... I'll admit AusPost are doing an amazing job but when the parcel doesn't even make it to the right address......

Not having the great run of luck at the moment.

RS0049%20Porsche%20black.jpg

Certainly interesting times, even domestically. 
When we were opening up from full lock-down 3 weeks ago, I spoke to my usual courier, and to CourierPost which is part of NZ Postal services.
They both said that while under NZs level 4 lock-down - when only 'essential goods" could be accepted and delivered, volume of goods - increased 100% or more.... and with it opening to level 3 for all goods, they expected a huge rush.
Lots of goods were stuck in transit hub depots because they just didn't have the capacity to get them between cities, and the local drivers couldn't deliver what was making it to the local depot.

My Fastways courier implored me to spread out my initial parcels over 2 weeks - or send them by some other method.....
I imagine the same thing is happening all over, as people are stuck at home, and wanting a consumer fix.

17 minutes ago, munter said:

Also I am trying to purchase a vintage set of five cars from a seller in Vancouver but the shipping options from there are expensive and slow ie surface mail $67Canadian or $153 Canadian for airmail....difficult times.

John

could they post it to Oregon USA at a reasonable price? 
You could use Youshop from there to NZ.  Often works out quite a bit cheaper.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

I had one for the UK that luckily arrived before my cranky customer flagged me, and I've got one from 18/03 to Germany that is ongoing. Fortunately for now my German customer is being patient. On the flip side for me I contacted Bruce from Cincyslots for an update on my $900odd order that was posted 20/03 and it got as far as Chicago on 22/03.

I removed all my listings when the lockdown started in Melbourne. I'm not surprised ebay stitched a seller up, It cost me $200 for a Racer Ferrari 512 to get smashed up in the post to USA late last year, even two months after I sent it and a month after it arrived. I'm skilled enough that i could repair it to a decent level and recoup much of my losses but still, bots making decisions isn't a good thing.

• Like 1

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

On 5/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, miveson said:

Actually it doesn't help as I'm slowly losing faith in Auspost, ordered that beautiful Revoslot Apple Black porsche from Armchair and it was sent to my PO Box, for some reason it was scanned at the Post Office in another suburb and flagged for pickup. Firstly it's the wrong address so that's an error and then it's not there for pickup, hmmmmm, I suspect that my parcel is going to get lost..... I'll admit AusPost are doing an amazing job but when the parcel doesn't even make it to the right address......

Not having the great run of luck at the moment.

I would advise Armchair Racer immediately of this situation so they can raise a complaint with their courier.

Interesting you say that AusPost sent your parcel to another suburb and completely different address. Mine last week was dropped off to the local computer store across the road... I was like WTF.. I was home expecting the delivery as per AusPost text about coming parcel.

If I and the shop were not so honest, I could have made a claim against Australia Post for non delivery of parcel which was insured for substantial amount. Lazy bastards still have the balls to price gouge on shipping costs then they can't even deliver it to the correctly addressed address.

I have lodged a formal complaint against Australia Post with the ACCC and Australia Post complaints department, basically this is considered fraudulent behaviour by the ACCC, charging for a service that is not being provided. I suggest and recommend that everyone that has had similar occur also report this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sadly things have been going from bad to worse and I'm done with eBay now due to the following scenario:

1. Sold item on eBay and shipped next day

2. Item delayed due to Covid and transferred to sea

3. Buyer lodges case saying item has not arrived after a period of time

4. eBay rules in their favour (no consideration of Covid delays)

5. Appeal decision advising of Covid carrier issues, provide up to 10 days grace

6. After a further 10 days rule in favour of buyer, buyer gets refunded cost + shipping

7. Item arrives at the buyer

eBay flatly refuses to do anything after step 6 - period!!!!

Buyer keeps item and ignores you - hard luck

Buyer refuses to pay for item - hard luck

Buyer ships it back but it is lost - hard luck

Buyer ship it back but you have to pay shipping - partial hard luck

I'm still flabbergasted with the above, I've removed Int'l shipping on my items and now I'm pretty close to closing my ebay account,

Sigh, sigh and further sighs

Get off eBay and onto Facebook 

lots of selling/buying groups there

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality