Lack Of Racing - Feeling It Now

jphanna

with the social distancing rules being enforced for a few months now, the racing had ceased locally. when you been racing since 2013 non stop, at sometimes up to 3 different venues a week, its a downer for sure, and its not just the racing. you miss your mates.

hoping to be able to do regular racing again in June here is SA. to the guys who have the home wooden tracks, at least you can have a run and do some testing.

if i had the room, i would contemplate getting my own track as you really miss it when you have no access. plastic home scaly tracks cant run deep guides, otherwise i would get one today.

June cant come soon enough.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from.

At the moment I am extremely fortunate that here in WA some lock down restrictions have been eased. This has allowed the track that I race at to have a "limited" opening where 2 or 3 drivers can organise a time to cut some laps. Only two lanes at a particular time. At the moment there have been some time trial type things happening, just to provide and outlet for the guys more than anything else.

I think it will still be some time before normal services return

Get a Carrera or Policar track jphanna both have a deeper guide depth, both can run some 1/24th cars, i have a permament one in the garage and since the lockdown here have got all my spare track on the floor in the lounge , powering it through a battery charger and a twin homemade controller box with 2 Truespeed controllers in the lounge for our Rug racing .

So far the guvnor is leading the F1 and the Small Saloons , i,m leading the group c and the thunderslot sports and tonight we are racing 2 slot it Merc DTM'S , all supplies are in drinks, nuts and crisps.

Get a Carrera or Policar track jphanna both have a deeper guide depth, both can run some 1/24th cars, i have a permament one in the garage and since the lockdown here have got all my spare track on the floor in the lounge , powering it through a battery charger and a twin homemade controller box with 2 Truespeed controllers in the lounge for our Rug racing .

So far the guvnor is leading the F1 and the Small Saloons , i,m leading the group c and the thunderslot sports and tonight we are racing 2 slot it Merc DTM'S , all supplies are in drinks, nuts and crisps.

interesting.......will make some investigations. thanks for that.

can anyone confirm if the Carrera slot track accept the slot It wood guide? funnily enough.....there is a wood track for sale, small enough to fit my room, just around corner from my house. very basic but it may do the job.

Edited by jphanna

he not avail till sunday. i gotta measure my room and take one of my cars with wood guide. i could get new plastic set but its not going to be an accurate way to test cars if htey run only on wood tracks.

it aint pretty. it need scenery and all the regular decorations for tracks. but its a start.

John,

i have now a carrera track in the shed for nolann, but the traction is very different to what you are used to... i believe you have to wait few more weeks/days to get things moving. I will have a first go on friday somewhere in the south but it is a limited entry to keep the 10 people max rule. 

At the same time, this slow slot car month did allow me to spend more time on my 1:1 car and i am going for the 3rd time in 2 months to the Bend... 1/1 7.77km of fun instead of 1/32 25m, it is a way better ratio.

see you soon my friend

Fabien,

good to hear that you are set up for both slot cars and the real thing!!!!!!

i ended up buying my first wood track. never thought i would ever do that. it s a great layout and just its my spare room (which is fast becoming the only room).  it needs some lovin, it has that copper stuff for braid, rather than be routed,  and have proper braid that you would find  on a professional track.   great layout with bit of everything for the size.

because i dont use Photobucket anymore,  i am not sure how to install a pic.