Chrisguyw

Slot-It 962 Proxy Car

Hi Folks, Too much time spent at home these days for my liking.........I can only cut the grass so often , and my golf club is closed, so, spending a lot of time on slot projects, which is not all bad . :)

I have entered a Slot-it Porsche proxy (only the body has to be a Slot-it Porsche 956/962), so while I have still to figure out what to do about a chassis, I have painted the body........which I always find the most nerve wracking part.

Stay Safe

Chris Walker

DSCN4586.jpg

DSCN4589.jpg

• Upvote 1

Detail is amazing, Chris.... love the exhausts - now, that is modeling - but, you turn out some amazing models...

Painting - can be stressful, I find applying decals more so than the actual laying down of paint...

Our golf clubs, fishing activities and some other recreational alternatives will be allowable as of midnight tonight.... I am expecting a huge shock to see how well the golf course has been during "recovery"...

frats,

Rosco

Lovely work, I only lack two things to emulate this, skill and patience... I'd argue time, but people would see right through me at present.

Nice - I'm still pondering which way to go for a chassis for that proxy, too......

There's a lot of options to consider...

Either way, I'm sure it'll get hosed.......

Chris, I have marveled at your soldering skills for a while now - I believe you're using a torch rather than an iron? How do you get the joints so neat? Your presentations are exemplary..

Lovely job, I've had one of these sitting on the shelf for a while now.

Might have to pull my finger out and make a start on it.

Nice - I'm still pondering which way to go for a chassis for that proxy, too......

There's a lot of options to consider...

Either way, I'm sure it'll get hosed.......

Chris, I have marveled at your soldering skills for a while now - I believe you're using a torch rather than an iron? How do you get the joints so neat? Your presentations are exemplary..

Hello Tony, I use an iron (60 Watt Hakko) for all my 1/32 chassis builds...........the wire/brass I use for these is relatively thin, so there is no need whatsoever to use a torch. For that matter, virtually all my 1/24 stuff is built with the same iron, and I only really use a torch on really heavy duty brass plate, which I sometimes use for 1/24 Vintage frames.

No soldering secrets.................just stick to the following

1/ Try to make all the parts to be joined fit as closely as possible

2/ Clean, Clean, and Clean one more time.

3/ Use a minimum of a 45 Watt iron, with a 1/4" chisel tip

4/ Use liquid acid flux for all chassis construction.....must be cleaned up after.

5/Use less solder than you think is necessary, and take your time with each join.....acid flux and patience will turn the solder to water, and it will flow evenly.

6/ Practice never hurts !!

Stay Safe

Chris Walker

• Upvote 1