Early 60's (Ish) Gp Grid

Some of my early (ish) 60s's GP cars on the grid...........a year here or there makes no difference smile.png

Cheers

Chris Walker

DSCN4539.jpg

The front row.......Jimmy, Dan, & Jackie

DSCN4541.jpg

The tail enders..........Mr. Bondurant in the privateer BRM P261 in the middle, with Dan's brother, also Dan, to his right in the Eagle, not to be confused with his brother Dan on the front row in the Porschebiggrin.png

There is a nice shot of my camera case in the upper right of this pic.....!!ohmy.png

Ritchie Ginther and Lorenzo Bandini were forced to start from the pits !!

DSCN4540.jpg

And,.....Jackie wins by a nose !!

2011-04-25-14-21-52-1-copy.jpg

Edited by Chrisguyw

Hi Chris and all.

Not 1960's (the decade before) but one of my favourite photos of some GP cars in 2.5 litre class at VRAA when it was last run. You can see your Lotus 16 No. 22 Chris just disappearing to left with Munter's No. 69 Vanwall (from NZ) partly obscured. Staged but still a great photo.

Hope the VRAA will make an appearance again sometime. Even the Tasman Cup is on a break at the moment. Two great early 1960's events.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

VRAA-2-5-14-Feb-2.jpg

Hi Shaynus.

The top one was in Canada but my car not in it. That is why I mentioned Munter (a fellow Kiwi and friend - we both entered Vanwalls - his a later model).

Second of Brabham I think was in Tasmania in 2019,

Have a T shirt with it on front as well as my Touring Car Proxy Supercheap Holden. Brabham is the most detailed I have made to date. Even has brake hoses but workmanship certainly not to Chris's standard.

Hi Rosco. Thanks for your kind words. Car first started in 2015 TC but apart from two small paint repairs has come through pretty well. Says a lot for the handling these racers get from drivers and round organisers. Suspension etc has never been damaged and do not think I have even had to fix a wing mirror. Car started well with a great body paint job by Stubbo.