World Wide Slot Car Chat On Zoom!

MrFlippant

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to apologize to all who were present on tonight's chat for the intrusion. I took a gamble that everyone who sees the link to the chat would be a decent human being. Clearly, someone out there with less couth came across the link and shared it with others of their ilk. The result was an intrusion of nightmarish proportions. I won't describe what they did, but suffice it to say that most people would be unlikely to imagine them. I apologize for this intrusion, not on behalf of the low-lifes that perpetrated it, but because I did not take appropriate precautions to prevent it, even when I knew it could happen, and how to prevent it. Never again.

As such, future meetings will be appropriately secured. What does that mean for you? You'll be held in a waiting room prior to being allowed into the meeting. If you've been on before, this should be pretty quick. If you've never been on, then it might take a little longer for you to be allowed into the chat, and you will be watched like a hawk's next meal for any inappropriate actions. You may not be able to speak immediately, or show your video, or other restrictions, and for that, I apologize. I ask only that you be patient, and that we are doing these things to protect our guests from another incident.

I don't want to make it harder to join with hard to get passwords and such, but I do need to be more guarded against future intrusions. I'll post the video soon (after I edit out the intrusion) as well as the link to the next meeting when ready.

Thank you.
-Greg

• Like 1

Managed to get involved with todays discussions, great bunch of guys at the table of knowledge, i know it's early for us but if you get a chance to join in it's a great place to talk about anything and everything slotcar related, there's not a great difference between countries when it comes to setups as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• gazza pinned this topic