World Wide Slot Car Chat On Zoom!

MrFlippant

You're invited to join the next World Wide Slot Car Chat!

Chats take place every Wednesday, alternating between 11am Pacific and 4pm Pacific time slots. The link to join is usually posted on Tuesday as a reply to this post.

For security reasons, guests will be held in a waiting room prior to joining the chat. Please be patient when joining in as it might take longer than normal. Participants should leave their microphone muted unless they are speaking. This is to avoid accidentally interrupting someone who is talking. If you are making noise, I will mute your mic, so don't unmute until you're ready to speak. That said, don't be afraid to unmute when you want to add something to the conversation. I don't always catch every little wave. Join the chat a few minutes early to test things out and figure out where the mute button is. We are usually there 10-15 minutes early, but the recording will start on the hour.

Suggestions are welcome for talking points and questions you would like to see us answer. If you have a burning question for the group, or a subject you'd like to discuss or watch later, please post your ideas below. I'll compile them all before the chat and we'll see how many we can get to.

Come as a viewer or participant, either is fine. You can mute your mic and/or block your camera, it's up to you. There's even a text chat function that can be used if you don't or can't use a microphone.

I hope you are able to join us!

Catch up on prior meetings by reviewing the recordings in this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKBb4ZEBXG5y61z2dhvvdCV_iARSXX_zf

Edited by MrFlippant

I don't think you'll get many from here Greg.

That's 1am east coast Australia time and 3am in New Zealand tomorrow

• Like 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Ha! Figures I'd get it wrong.

Well, I already posted it everywhere, so we'll see how much activity there is.

I'll do the next one at 4pm PST, which (according to internets) should be 9am in Sydney. On the plus side, it will also be 7pm in New York, which was requested by an east coaster.

There's just no good time for the entire world. :\

We can fix most things, but we haven't been able to get the rest of the world to adopt our idea of time. Apparently, most 'mericans and euros still want to go to work when the sun is up :)

- But nice to have you thinking of us, and good to see you popping in here Greg.

Auslot is having a good busy time in a general slotting sense.

• Upvote 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Well, it looks like Zoom was not as generous this time, and cut us off at the 40 minute limit. Next week, we'll make sure it lasts longer, hopefully as long as we want. It was great to meet some new faces and chat about slot cars. We'll do Wednesday again, but probably later in the day to make sure some people from down under can also attend. Thanks to everyone that joined us this time! I'll have the video uploaded ASAP and will link to it here.

Great putting faces to names Greg. - Now we just have to hack Chris' PC and turn his camera on....... ;)

LOL!

I think this chat was the best yet! We had great attendance from all over the world, even some night-owls from the UK time zones. It was fun to hear about people's history and experience in the world of slot cars, and put more faces and voices to names. We will definitely do it again next week. I think we'll alternate between this time, and a few hours prior, so that we can give both those down under, and those in western Europe a change to join in at least every other week.

I'm currently uploading the recording to YouTube. There was a problem with the audio when I previewed it on my computer, but I'm hoping that was my processor being busy, and not the recording. If it's good, I'll post a link so that people can enjoy it.

It was good to see Tamar still up and about that time of night, and nice to see his face again.

Apart from the actual slot racing, he also organises a pretty flaming good after match function........

Yeah, that looks to be 2am Perth, 4am East coast Oz, and 6am New Zealand

I am usually up about then - as my alarm clock has fur, a very gutteral meow and is set at 5:45 am - but I wouldn't be talking to wake wife - and I am not coherent until I have 20mg of caffeine coursing my veins :)

Actually, not sure I am coherent any time...

• Like 1

Next meeting takes place in approximately 24 hours from the time of this posting. No matter what part of the "slot car" hobby you enjoy or are taking an interest in, you are welcome to attend the meeting and share your story, ask questions, or just watch and listen! Also, I apologize to anyone who cannot attend due to the time of day. The next meeting will be at a different time.

Such a scruffy bunch, and who was that bearded santa claus git in a bathrobe . . honestly. This lock-down business has standards of decency falling through the floor.

You need to do something about your class of guest Greg :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

What - I missed a troll . . . bring back the troll . . . let's feed the troll . . I demand entertainment :lol::D:P

2am Perth

3:30 South Oz

4am Eastern states

6am Shakey Isles 

May get in there at some stage Greg, depends what time that furry alarm clock slaps me across the face in the morning.
[It's a whack job, and not above actual bodily harm when it wants it's first breakfast]

• gazza pinned this topic