Landcruiser Lockdown Lunacy

SlotsNZ

Needed something to get the creative juices flowing

Something that proved what local clubbies already know.... I have 3 screws loose, a couple missing, and the rest is held together by duct tape.

We've been locked down ourselves for 24 days now - 4 days more than the country official lock-down.

It's not so much the cracks that are starting to show, as a rupture in the fabric of the space-time continuum.

I've seen those rap-mobiles that da gangsta's all go drive ya know. I have a few Tamiya 1/32 SUV kits left, and well, hey....... It is nice and wide - 64mm

and the body isn't very heavy. I should be able to make a snow wagon that will do reasonable laps.

cruiser1.jpg

I thought about using a Ninco RAID Chassis, but i have more kit bodies left than I do RAID chassis, and I at least want it to run right, and had a spare

Slot.it Matra sitting about, which had the perfect wheelbase .... Anyone need a replacement Matra body ?

cruiser2.jpg

But I wanted to use what I could that was on hand and so raided the war chest for other odd bits. It has very large wheel arches to fill

Found some Evo3 wheels off some long forgotten Ninco. 18 x 8mm for the front, and 17 x 10mm for the rear

To prop the rear up and make it less weeny, I stretched NSR5219 tyres meant for 16mm rims to be 21.5 x 12 for "NSR Classics", onto these 17.3mm rims

Odd flat pan interior from some old brass chassis that was large enough to fill the interior. Dob of colour, it won't be seen much through the tinted windows

cruiser3.jpgcruiser4.jpg

Test fit, Limbo dancing anyone ?

cruiser5.jpg

Front body post made of popsicle stick with an aluminium sheath around it, gluing under the hood.

Yet to figure out how to mount the rear. I may need to fix some thin brass plate to the rear, & bend down an L shape to meet the rear chassis mount hole

cruiser7.jpg

Back tomorrow to do the rear, and hopefully the wind has died so I can get the rattle cans out..... I need matt black... why have I no matt black.

Colour ideas anyone ?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

. why have I no matt black.

Colour ideas anyone ?

You could shock the world and go "camo"... or, mud - from what I've seen of many sno wagons... doesn't matter what colour the vehicle was painted at the factory - they all come home the one colour....

frats,

Rosco

The rate I am going, we will roaming wild in the streets before I get this lockdown lunacy done.

Finally got back to the body. As it has no removable parts, doing a detailed paint scheme is probably beyond both my skill and my patience.

So I have decided to just detail a couple of light areas using the supplied "stickers", and pain the grill black, but the whole rest of the car gunmetal grey.

Got some primer on it today, and refitted to the rolling chassis to check stance. I can't run the chassis right now, both straights are filled with "stuff"

But before I junked the track, I ran the raw chassis, and it was doing similar lap times to any Slot.it classic sidewinder. Faster than a Group C

So if I can keep the bodysheel weight down, and use a discreet amount of lead on chassis and pod, I should have something that goes pretty well.

cruiser8.jpg

cruiser9.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Nice one Mark. Hard job fining a wheel / tyre combo for those massive wheel arches. They're huge.

Yeah, even if the arches were to scale it would have really needed a 19mm wheel - something 1/24th - ish,

but worse these Tamiya kits aren't built to scale, the wheels they come with as models are caricatured oversize.

Just a fun build.

I was going to go black grills and everything else gunmetal grey, but with moving to L3 next week, I might get Glen to

drop off some matt black rattle can and whatever other colours I am short of.

Then I can do the bumpers grey as suggested above, and the body matt black (sorry to steal your fav. street scheme.)

Then again, to throw cat amongst the self-homing bird life, Mac has just offered me an Avant Slot Raid chassis - so when that arrives, I'll look whether I use it on one of the several other Tamiya 4WD bodies I have - Landcruiser, Pajero, Surf etc, or repurpose them onto this project.

Had some dramas with using what paint supplies up that I had, and wanted a bling metallic for the "coke-delivery-wagon"

But for better or worse, it's ready for the track

cruiser10.jpg

cruiser11.jpg

cruiser12.jpg

Genius, why didn't I think of that - green or blue my man ? .... probably blue.....

And the bumper was from your idea Shaynus, it is a gun-metal grey, which I felt would ground the bling purple nicely.