K&b Lola T70

Chrisguyw

Hi Folks, Some may have seen this on another forum,...but it is my first post here. While most of my builds are plastic based (for, myself/club members/racers), I certainly prefer scratchbuilding and building/restoring the Vintage stuff. This is my most recent Vintage 1/24 build.

This was an old (almost complete) kit that I have had for ages, and rather than buy more stuff, I have decided to make an effort to build what I have.

I did want to improve the performance of the car, but wanted any changes to be such that I could return the car to stock..(don't ask me why)

Anyway, the main chassis elements that I wanted to address were...the ability to freeze the drop arm (never the hot tip for going fast) , allow for guide height adjustment, and, add some weight via side pans. All were fairly simple mods., and are easily reversible.

The motor did get a good overhaul......trued comm, static arm balance, zapped magnets, and most importantly I replaced the sloppy molded in rear axle bushings with some single flanged oilites.......much better !!

This is a shot of the completed roller..........

DSCN4498.jpg

The body was not totally complete, and I did have to add/make a few bits.......I always struggle with how far to go, do I keep it stock, or add a bunch of details, so, this one is somewhere in the middle. I am still contemplating adding a small aluminum rear spoiler that I have made...we will see.

The car was airbrushed with Tamiya Light Blue Pearl, and clear coated with Tamiya Semi Gloss.....I think it looks much more period correct than the high gloss stuff. I did get a bit of decal "silvering"...but, I don't mind that much as I was using 50 year old decals.

She be done !!....still debating adding the small aluminum rear spoilersmile.png

Cheers

Chris Walker

DSCN4510.jpg

DSCN4522.jpg

DSCN4523.jpg

DSCN4521.jpg

DSCN4520.jpg

Edited by Chrisguyw
  • Upvote 1

Very nice...

How does it run?

:huh:

Well,......it is a K&B, so there are plenty of cars of the era that will outrun it, particularly on a commercial track, but, on a club track it runs/handles very very well.......I humbly submit, it is the best performing K&B that I have seen.

Cheers

Chris Walker

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...