Racer 5's

Peter Gunn

Been asked by a member to post more GP 5,s so here are some more.

BMW MI pale green slot it sidewinder pod ballraced , motor Pirana 25 K ballraced , ran this car in the NZ GP5 proxy a couple of year back.

BMW M1 yellow slot it sidewinder pod ballraced, motor Pirana 25 K ballraced built as replacement for the green one , next proxy.

BMW M1 blue slot it sidewinder pod ballraced motor Slot it 23 K ran this in the 2017/18 NZ GP 5 proxy

Capri white fitted with a slot it anglewinder ballraced pod fitted with a NSR Evo 30 K motor

Caprri red slot it ballraced sidewinder pod with a H&R Cobra 25 K motor.

Mustang white slot it ballraced sidewinder pod , motor B.R.M 23 K motor.

Mustang red standard anglewinder set up with yellow 21 K motor used in the NZ GP 5 proxy races 2017/18

Mustang black slot it ballraced sidewinder pod , motor Pirana 25 K ballraced motor.

bmwM1.JPG

Capri.JPG

Mustang.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yum, Capri for me. Big GP5 fan.

Are those all custom decals from Colin?

Ze gas all the 111 cars have mostly Colin's C & C decals he's on Slotforum and does a range of the usual decals like Ferrari Ford e't'c, i use a lot of 1.s having 111 as my number so contacted him about doing me sheets of them and found out he will do anything to order you want , he did my Camero, Mustang , Hot rod one's , all my stripes in A5, A4 just depends on what you want .

Brumos the story behind 45 is that is the first car i did as a self paint before i started doing gp 5 proxy racing and nothing special about the number only that it is red to match the rest of the decals.

Cure, actually the fastest of the bunch in a straight line is the white 45 Capri on Carrera track , does not handle as well as the BMW's which are all sidewinders,, B.R.M mounted car is very fast through tighter bends but looses a bit on the straight, the latest Mustang the black one is incredably smooth fully ballraced and carrying some of my latest chassis tweaks , it,s the most easiest car to drive consistantly at speed.

All the cars are shod with NSR Ultras except the black Mustang been using PG's XPG's on this car hence the chassis tweaks getting PG's to operate like NSR's which they do now near enough, easier to true as well.

Just converted all my Policar P4 Ferraris to PG's for the same reason after finding the chassis tweak , also converting all to ballrace pods , something you should all try so much smoother than gimbles.

• 2 months later...

Thanks r377 out of all my slot car think the group 5,s are my favourite bunch , all look good and all run very well on track, sort of cars i like to run fast times with and great to relax to when your on your on your own nothing better to have a blast when life gets a bit heavy.