Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gunn

Mustang ( Black Widow )

Well this one was a body kit waiting in the bottom drawer to do , and having all the bits in the spares box decided crack on, the chassis i had already originally it was a Capri one which never got used , so trimmed that up and added the following.

Front guide slot it trimmed wood, axles MRRC 52mm, motor Pirana 25 K ballrace, wheels Staffs black anadized with slot it C1 tyres on the front and PG xpg's on the rear, gearing is slot it 11 x 34, pod is the ballraced slot it evo sidewinder, and ive added weight need it up front with this sort of motor very quick acceleration need to keep that nose down.

Body kit fairly straightforward to do , body colour Hycote double acrylic Mercedes Obidean black pearl, decals bespoke from Colin at C & C designs he does all my decals , shiny bits i use a chrome pen for.

One the track really looks aggresive , very fast in a straight line , loading it up out of the far bend onto the straight had to sharpen up my reactions with this one , so smooth , lovely handling and really does stay in the slot being hammered.

MUSTANG 4.JPG

MUSTANG 3.JPG

MUSTANG 2.JPG

MUSTANG 1.JPG

• Upvote 2

Hi Peter Gunn/Keith.

That looks pretty neat. Sounds like it goes around corners too. That ball bearing motor sounds interesting. Are all Pirana's ball bearing or just 25K.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx).

Edited by charlesx

Is that a Racer Mustang?

I have a Betta & Classic Mustang Gr5 in plasticard (black of course) on a Eurosport chassis but has nowhere near the detail of this.

If you have everything under control you're not trying hard enough

Kevan Racer sideways body kit all the rest is my take on it , and thanks for the kind words lads , and charles it,s very very fast the Pirana 25 k is the only Pirana motor with ballraced can and bell end, i have 9 of these in various cars from Thunderslot can am's to Sieways group 5's , my favourite cars for having very fast laps with and sharpens up my reactions.

That's one mean looking ride you have built there, looks nicely menacing!

How about a group shot of your stable of Sideways cars together?