Sign in to follow this  
ding

Ninco Drive Belts

Hi all,

recently bought a pack of Ninco drive belts. The pack had 2 red, 2 blue & 2 black belts in it.

My question is, what are the differences if any with the different coloured belts ?????

Cheers

ding... :P

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway

Home of Lunatic Racing

You could be right Kevan, I found this on Professor Motors site, not the set that ding got but explains two of the belts.

Ninco N80254 4x4 Drive Set - 2 x Pulleys & 2 x Drive Belts - 1 Standard Belt (BLACK) & 1 Short Belt (RED)

1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.

"You must always strive to be the best but you must never believe that you are."  Juan Manuel Fangio

All the standard models come with the red belt on them. Which I found interesting when I checked measurements on my spare belts.

The square section of the belts varies

Red = 1.2mm

Blue - 1.1mm

Black 1.0mm

And the lengths vary slightly, red sits just inside blue, and blue sits just inside black.

So if fitted to the same vehicle, the red belt (standard) is tightest, and black loosest.

The first reason I can think of for this is that a looser belt allows for deliberate slippage between front and back drive pairs if desired.

Or A looser belt may also put less stress on the drive train and allow less loss in transmission

I can't lay my hands on a really old Ninco catalogue now to find out anything more specific.

But I guess if you just try the variations.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks heaps SlotsNZ,

much appreciated.

ding... :P

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway

Home of Lunatic Racing

I've used elastic bands before now. I just ordered a bag of CD player O-rings of varying diameters, should fit a few different chassis sizes.

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...B)