Davnic74

Copper Foil Tape

Hello all, been a while.. 😁

I’m attempting to build a basic 3 laner for the kids to mess around with whilst we are “at home”.

The only issue I’m having is sourcing copper tape..

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Walk-in

Most leadlighting type companies stock it, also some art supplies.

Postal

https://www.ebay.com...xIAAOSwDZtZ1hND

This one is more local

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/809A-Reusable-Copper-Foil-Conductive-Shield-Tape-Copper-Foil-Tape-EMI/264671256512?hash=item3d9fa2dfc0:g:59AAAOSw0jtecbli

I realise the postal is probably not a good idea given time and something to do now

Edited by ZeGas

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Thanks for that, I was hoping to buy local. I’ll try and find some lead light shops.

EDIT.

After calling around and many ridiculous prices I Located some rolls at a lead light shop! 😁

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Excellent Dave - nice to see you again.

Hi to the rest of the clan from me, and I look forward to seeing progress on the build.

As you may have noticed, Auslot just started a revival a couple of months back.

Just in time to keep all the slottys from going full-crazy during lockdown

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Hi Davnic74.

Sounds like you have copper tape sussed now but it can always be sourced from Trademe NZ except perhaps during virus time. $10NZ per roll but no idea of postage. If getting a few rolls postage becomes a non-issue.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Excellent Dave - nice to see you again.

Hi to the rest of the clan from me, and I look forward to seeing progress on the build.

As you may have noticed, Auslot just started a revival a couple of months back.

Just in time to keep all the slottys from going full-crazy during lockdown

Gday Mark

Thanks, Good to be back.

The track is going to be a very basic 3 laner, hopefully to help keep the kids occupied during these crazy times.

I may start a thread on it, I’ve almost forgotten how to build one.. ‍♂️

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi Davnic74.

Sounds like you have copper tape sussed now but it can always be sourced from Trademe NZ except perhaps during virus time. $10NZ per roll but no idea of postage. If getting a few rolls postage becomes a non-issue.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks Chas,

You wouldn’t believe it but looking through some boxes trying to find hand controls I found 9 rolls... yes 9 rolls.. I have no idea why I have that many..

• Upvote 1

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Sounds like a sign. Do I see a flasher track in sight for the kids or do you need a better one yourself. Alternatively what about a really good rally track.

NZ stuff is 7/32 wide. Do not think chap has other widths now. I used this for my new 3 lap track with wide indent router bit and it worked out really well. I could paint indent first and you could see narrow strip when I laid tape. Thought I might have to spread pick-ups a bit but it seems fine.

Regards Chas Le Breton

You wouldn’t believe it but looking through some boxes trying to find hand controls I found 9 rolls... yes 9 rolls.. I have no idea why I have that many..

It's called long term planning . . . . .

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

there is something "classic" about a track with copper tape.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Infact I have a couple of old spools of the stuff....not the thin stained glass stuff either but the real deal from back in the day.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Hi Dave it’s been years since you have been around. Great to see you back on line mate and still looking up slots.

Nice to see some of the original crew dropping in again after all these years.

Hi Dave it’s been years since you have been around. Great to see you back on line mate and still looking up slots.

Gday Vince, thanks

I’ve been dropping in occasionally to see what’s happening, family have been hassling me for a few years now to build a track.

So here I am. Lol

Have been pretty busy with mountain biking for the last 5 years so not much $$ left for slot cars unfortunately.

Now with this virus it seems slots and a few other activities are the only way to go for indoor entertainment.

• Upvote 1

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi Dave, good to see you are still interested.

1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.

"You must always strive to be the best but you must never believe that you are."  Juan Manuel Fangio

Gday Vince, thanks

I’ve been dropping in occasionally to see what’s happening, family have been hassling me for a few years now to build a track.

So here I am. Lol

Have been pretty busy with mountain biking for the last 5 years so not much $$ left for slot cars unfortunately. I

Now with this virus it seems slots and a few other activities are the only way to go for indoor entertainment.

Well I was starting to get more into the riding again but the virus has stuffed that up for a bit. Also doing 1 to 1 car stuff kept me away from slots but once I am in my new house I should be ok to get the slots going properly and back into the bikes with the move to Wollongong.

WELL BEGGAR ME DICK - They're all coming back. Who's next?

Matt?

Gday Vince, thanks

So here I am. Lol

Have been pretty busy with mountain biking for the last 5 years so not much $$ left for slot cars unfortunately. I

Well I was starting to get more into the riding again but the virus has stuffed that up for a bit. Also doing 1 to 1 car stuff kept me away from slots but once I am in my new house I should be ok to get the slots going properly and back into the bikes with the move to Wollongong.

Yeah the has really made a mess of life for the now, hopefully not long till it’s gone ..

1:1 sounds expensive, I’ve still got the old HZ prem which rarely sees the road now.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build