Studebaker Champion

Wobble

Sets it off, Bram.... are we going to "border" it from the orange with a blend colour?

frats,

Rosco

"We"? ….. I'm sure that it's not something "I" would want to undertake as I think the "border" is quite strong as it is.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi Wobble/Bram.

Like the two colour approach. Very prototypical. Perhaps you need a chrome strip to separate. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

A chrome strip Chas? ….. that'd really stretch my capabilities to the max. I would find it hard ….. I did find it hard enough to mask and paint as is.

I think numerals and advertising will give it a pseudo Pan-American look that'll be good enough for me.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Could cut a slither of silver adhesive tape

• Upvote 1

Hi Wobble/Bram.

You are from the Mainland and a man. Of course you can do it. Mainly straight lines so ZeGas's idea should work a treat.

Otherwise paint a thin silver line with a fine tipped brush. Easier than you think.

Come on - give it a go (or are you really an Aussie).

Regards Chas Le Breton

Another Mainlander.

Edited by charlesx
  • Upvote 1

Ooooooooooooo harsh, looks like challenge set.

Born in Tawa, grew up South Auckland, adulthood in Awhitu, I hear ya. I'm the early Scout for invasion day 2.0.

Hi Wobble/Bram.

You are from the Mainland and a man. Of course you can do it. Mainly straight lines so ZeGas's idea should work a treat.

Otherwise paint a thin silver line with a fine tipped brush. Easier than you think.

Come on - give it a go (or are you really an Aussie).

Regards Chas Le Breton

Another Mainlander.

If they're straight lines I'd hate to walk them after a few ales.
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Maybe a morning job then...... unless you are an early starter.... know a bloke who is waiting at the door of the pub for it to open at 06:00 coming of night shift.... serious drinker...

The other option is to micro-fine pen-line it in.... and very, very lightly mist coat the first coat of clear over it a couple of days later.... let it flash off then spray a couple of slightly heavier coats over it...

Of course, you could just leave it - and yes, with period decals - it will look sensational.

frats,

Rosco

• 4 weeks later...

My Javelin is now a sidewinder utilizing '70 Camaro axle sets so the Javelin hubs have found a new home. 
Fronts are standard Javelin fare and the rears have been turned into inserts and I'm liking the looks of these on this 

DSCF6086.jpg

• Like 1
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 3 months later...