pmdaniels

John Smedley

Sadly John Smedley who ran the Fulham Park Raceway (FPR) in Adelaide , lost his battle with Cancer and passed away overnight . RIP

PeterD

I am saddened to read that.....In my dealings with John he was a real gent.

Condolences to his family and friends.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Rest in peace John. Happy memories of visit to FPR in Adelaide about 3 years ago. Always enjoyed John's news items.

Condolences to his wife Sue.

Coraleen and Charles Le Breton

Very sad news,

I had contact with John through the Tasman Cup proxy, his round followed mine,

John always seemed to be a gentle soul who loved his slot cars and scratchbuilding.

Condolences to his family

John was a great supporter and host of our Tasman Cup series and a great man in slot cars in general.

His loss is a loss for us all.

Rest in Peace John.

Alan Stubbings

John Smedley was not only a great ambassador for our hobby, but he was a formidable racer, right up to recent years, before he was struck down with his illness. i will miss him in so many ways. its going to take a while to truly understand that i will never see him again. i am still in the denial stage.

It was John Smedley who was my first contact in late 2012, after a hiatus of 12 years away from the slot scene. It was his kindness and enthusiasm that won me over, and encouraged me to start racing again.

Thank you john. hope your are at peace, and not suffering anymore.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

John recently forwarded some spare parts to me that Davide from BRM Slot Cars had sent to him on my behalf. At the time I thought I recognised the name but wasn't sure where from until I saw on the package - Fulham Park Raceway and I remember Auslot and then the Tasman Cup :mellow:

I had tried to get in contact with him to thank him. So thank you John and rest in peace.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Kind regards

David

Edited by dangermouse

John Smedley was not only a great ambassador for our hobby, but he was a formidable racer, right up to recent years, before he was struck down with his illness. i will miss him in so many ways. its going to take a while to truly understand that i will never see him again. i am still in the denial stage.

It was John Smedley who was my first contact in late 2012, after a hiatus of 12 years away from the slot scene. It was his kindness and enthusiasm that won me over, and encouraged me to start racing again.

Thank you john. hope your are at peace, and not suffering anymore.

It was John Smedley who I first met when I came back to slots as well . He was always very helpful and I enjoyed my times racing with him and against him . We will all miss him . Sadly with these current restrictions we will not be able to attend his funeral .

PeterD

when i arrived in Australia 8 years ago, John was the first Ozzy to open the door of his house to me. He was known here as slotcarsAdelaide... As i learn later, when john was doing something he was doing it to be the best, no half measure here. He was sending me a mail the Saturday before his death saying, not great today. He was the longest survivor of the Pancreas cancer in Australia. His set up with 3 tracks was amazing, his kindness to help the new comer was re-known. He will for ever be the face of australia to me... helping, competitor, kind, hard on misbehaviour, kind to all and always ready for a sausage on the barby on a race evening.

John, Ozz does not look the same to me this week but we will take good care of Sue and Sunny... they went for a walk yesterday with Laetitia and Nolann. please let them win few races where ever you are now as i am sure you find a track of some kind to race on! For ever in my heart my friend.