Lockdown Projects.

slotmadmac

• 2 months later...

Hi there everyone just hoping someone could help i model 1/64 scale diecast cars and im looking for 1974 goss/bartlett set of decals even if its 1/24 scale set and i could pay someone to resize it to 1/64 scale and print it for me i would be very gratefull cheers,   hope to hear from someone.

Try Pattos place

http://members.optushome.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

go to --> Decals --> F

then search "bartlett" using you browser search function.

should look like this

Falcon-XACoupe-Goss-Bartlett-1973-64.jpg

or this depending on the livery you are after

Falcon-XACoupe-Goss-Bartlett-1974-64.jpg

He does 1:64 for you and will cost $14 +PP

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 1:27 PM, ZeGas said:

Try Pattos place

http://members.optushome.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

go to --> Decals --> F

then search "bartlett" using you browser search function.

should look like this

Falcon-XACoupe-Goss-Bartlett-1973-64.jpg

or this depending on the livery you are after

Falcon-XACoupe-Goss-Bartlett-1974-64.jpg

He does 1:64 for you and will cost $14 +PP

Thanks heaps its the second one ill

send for one your a life saver cheers.

13 hours ago, nackers said:

Thanks zegas your a life saver i couldn,t find this patto has an interesting index system to say the least.cheers.

He does have an odd system. If you are willing to paint the body yourself and put the stickers on try this. Under F in his links and look for this  Frd Flcon - McLeod Frd - John Goss - 1974

F-McLeodFrd-1974-64.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey guys these are my last two cars completed thanks for the help zegas Im currently looking for forbes/negus 1974 bathurst 2nd place also 1975 bathurst moris/gardner,2nd place,also 1976 bathurst bond/harvey ive had no luck finding these decals.hope someone can help.I can make the decals in exel but need someone to print with white ink but cant find anyone with white ink i may have to get it done oversea's  ????

yFAun8k.jpeg

aJWEblE.jpeg

yHUk3hN.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am always working on cars when I get the chance - mainly for mates around the country. I must have built up 50-80 over the last 12 months. Maybe more.
I haven’t been recording them but might start now. The ex phone image upload makes it simple to put up photos now. 
Here is a sweet Spirit Porsche 936 I did after work/before racing yesterday. Kept the 18k motor but full aftermarket rebuild otherwise. Such a nice driver. Heading off to a new owner on Monday. 

A3232AB6-744C-40BD-BE72-C2C4DDD8A570.jpeg

• Like 1

Podiums are for short people.

I was asked by a mate to build him a car to compete in their local club ‘open’ BTTC class - 18k motor max. I came up with this, this morning. Spirit 406 with a torquey 17k NSR long can. New wheels and rubber all around. Motor braced to the rear bushes - to avoid that nasty shudder under braking.

This thing hauls the mail. The Spirit cars are light and wide - a great car but way overpowered with the stock 25k motor they come with. Now we have a very drivable car pulls a very respectable 6.7s on my track - straight off the bench. Happy days. 

07667EBB-5DF6-4244-979A-69247A6059C7.jpeg

2F527D2D-FDBD-4C8B-AFC8-1146E2317D3F.jpeg

83549725-6727-462E-850A-BAFF693A0D7B.jpeg

• Like 1

The world is a better place with JB Weld in it :lol:

That should be a runaway class winner

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Here a couple of cars off the bench today. Thunderslot Shelby and a Scalextric Falcon on an aftermarket chassis.

The Thunderslot uses all stock components apart from changing the rear tyres to lower profile Thunderslot slicks. 
The Falcon runs an 18k Predator plus all the other go fast fruit. 

3EC8553C-61ED-43B3-91C2-A3A9A220EEC5.jpeg

2BC0DA41-8D9B-4DBB-B3B4-548F1199719D.jpeg

01991862-B6B1-4D6A-90C8-C751BD08D2D0.jpeg

And later this afternoon I completed bringing a MG Vanquish Shadow up to full race spec. I love these high detail 1/28 Vanquish cars. I have the entire collection MIB and a few racers. 
I fitted this one with wide Nsr ‘Vanquish’ alloys / rubber, a Slot it rear end and a ninco long can from the parts bin to add some much needed punch on the track. Front axle was lowered and tubed. It’s a smooth and very predictable runner now - that looks mint circulating on the track.  

0964C9B7-66B6-4B94-820F-D27D35E7DD83.jpeg

• Like 2

After finishing this build I am running in a Sideways BMW M6 to compete in our club GT3 series. I got this car as a body and chassis - so everything else has been added on. Converted it to sidewinder running a Slot It 23k as our rules allow. Fast and very predictable on the track. 

70C18AFE-4D53-4CD5-AD92-481436E771D4.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a blast from the past. I used to love the Proslot cars when I was first getting back into slot car racing. In my book they were one of the best brands in the pre-Slot It era, with their simple motor pod and nimble handling.

This Porsche GT2 was this afternoon’s project - with a high torque Predator motor fitted for a friend’s local 18k class. Now sporting alloy wheels, Thunderslot rubber and NSR gears, it’s running-in on the rolling road before track testing tomorrow. 

2DBAC8E5-D4E4-450F-AA5C-99032A3F4CE4.jpeg

ACA08168-9BE8-4C35-8761-273BD5C50200.jpeg

Edited by slotmadmac

Today this came off the bench for our popular 18k ‘classic Scalextric’ F1 class. I’ve built dozens of cars for this class over the years, but this is my fastest one yet.
Pioneer motor. Tubed front axle. Wood guide and stock Scalextric plastic pinion / crown gear / wheels as our rules allow. 
With a brand new motor / tyre combo this resprayed Parmalat already hits 6.7s on my track. That’s Slot It Group C territory.  Happy days. 

75295C9B-F41F-4531-AD93-6304FAC8DF62.jpeg

• Like 2

Rebuilt this classic Scalex March yesterday. Replacement surfboard wing from The Great Munter saved the day. New rubber all round and some fresh decals. Kept the stock Johnson motor. So nostalgic driving with that softer, old school powerband. A sweet runner that’s off to a new home tomorrow. 

018C4E3A-5A34-4A29-8784-0B58770CF37B.jpeg

Today a MR Slotcar Shadow came off the bench. This is the car everyone’s talking about and it’s easy to see why.  I wanted more bite than the stock motor so in went a Shark 25k.  Air system Slot It alloys,  Supergrips and new braid completed a very simple build - and this car is brilliant on the track.  So stable and easy to drive fast - like a good NSR 917. Can’t wait to campaign this honey in our local 65-80 sports car class. 

A662DEA4-2F22-4AFC-94FE-2A6C2E0C224B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, slotmadmac said:

Today this came off the bench for our popular 18k ‘classic Scalextric’ F1 class. I’ve built dozens of cars for this class over the years, but this is my fastest one yet.
Pioneer motor. Tubed front axle. Wood guide and stock Scalextric plastic pinion / crown gear / wheels as our rules allow. 
With a brand new motor / tyre combo this resprayed Parmalat already hits 6.7s on my track. That’s Slot It Group C territory.  Happy days. 

75295C9B-F41F-4531-AD93-6304FAC8DF62.jpeg

Love the idea of 'warmed up' classic F1 cars. Do you have any photos / info on how to fit a wood guide to the old school F1 cars?

6 hours ago, Shaynus said:

Love the idea of 'warmed up' classic F1 cars. Do you have any photos / info on how to fit a wood guide to the old school F1 cars?

Here is a link to a post I did in 2011 covering these cars. They are a lot of fun, and are still a popular clss in our club rotation to this day

https://auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13704-a-slot-it-beater-for-less-than-20/ 

• Like 1